I love John Waters films, they make sense to me because they are trashy, vulgar, funny and honest. His characters are some of the best ever created for film. I wish they were real and I knew them all. His dialogue is brilliant and memorable. You live it. If you have never seen his films you are missing out. GO RENT/BUY THEM! They will change your life maybe
Here is a special message from John Water’s to you.
Here is a list of his films!
1. Pink Flamingos– One trash ass amazing film. “Eat shit! Filth is my politics! Filth is my life!” Brilliant dialogue.
2. Female Trouble– Divine in high school. Enough said.
3. Desperate Living– OMFG “Hello? What number are you calling? You’ve dialed the wrong number! Sorry? What good is that? How can you ever repay the last thirty seconds you have stolen from my life? I hate you, your husband, your children, and your relatives!”
4. Polyester– 2 words – Dexter Fishpaw
5. Hairspray– This movies script is literally mind boggling.
Amber Von Tussle: [Amber is gossiping with two friends in school] Anyway, she was right there in the car, in plain sight of just everybody at the hop. She was nude.
Amber’s school friend #1: No!
Amber’s school friend #2: That fat thing?
Amber Von Tussle: Tracy Turnblad is a whore.
6. Cry-Baby– Ummmm Mona ‘Hatchet-Face’ Malnorowski
7. Serial Mom– I’m so happy I could shit!
8. Pecker– Where I learn to teabag and also what “trade” was.
9. Cecil B. DeMented– Dedication to film!
Films I have not seen of his yet…
2. Mondo Trasho
He inspired me to make my own films.