Okay 2014 was an okay year in film, but here is the top 10 movies I enjoyed the most. Which means I will own them and watch them again and again. I loved them for different reasons so I attached my reviews underneath each one. You can click it to read them. If you haven’t seen any of these go rent them or whatever. Remember this is not your top 10, it’s mine. 🙂
My film is clearly the best film of the year, but I can’t vote for myself.
Satanic Panic 2: Battle of the Bands is fun, musical, and fuckin hilarious.
Here is the trailer:
Watch this amazing film
Okay onto the list.
1. “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes“– The monkeys did it. This movie had more real emotion than any other movie I have seen this year.
2. “Under the Skin“– It’s a quiet film that will stay with you for days, the score never leaves you.
3 . “The Babadook“– The best horror movie of the year. The characters were real and sad.
4. “The Lego Movie“– This film had better dialogue than most live action movie this year.
5. “Guardians of the Galaxy“– The most fun movie of the year. I can’t wait for a part 2.
6. “The Interview“– This movie made me laugh the most. I didn’t expect much but turns out I was wrong.
7. “Big Hero 6“– Once again the dialogue in this movie is great and people die. This movie is fun!
8. “Godzilla”– It’s Godzilla. I saw this in NY in a giant ass theatre and I was amazed. Yeah, the story lagged but I love that big ass bitch.
9. “Annie“– I can’t believe I like this movie, but I do. The songs are great and characters are great.
BONUS: Movies that were just fun to watch but were not good enough to make my top 10.
2. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“- I was surprised by this film, it really made sense and was well made.
6. “The Boxtrolls“– This movie is a lot of fun and the characters are real as hell. There is even a dude in drag.
7. “22 Jump Street“– Honestly the first and the second films make me laugh. I love them.
8. “The Raid 2“- A non-stop action movie that looks real. Also a girl with hammers enough said.
9. “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For“– If this would have come out a couple of years after the first one did, then it would have gotten more attention. I love Robert Rodriguez films and their over-the-top violence and characters.
10. “The Guest“– This movie is definitely an 80’s throw back. The cast and the music are great. Also it takes place during Halloween. I just wish the ending would’ve been more fun or have a punch to it.