My name is Eddie Ray, and yes, I’m in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA! People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween Kid, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. There is a big difference. I work for its success and break my ass to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months you bitches! When all of you are sitting around by the pool drinking Long Island Ice Teas in the summer, my ass is waiting for the autumn wind to blow to let me know Halloween is near! OK I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. True Halloween Kids will always help each other out during Halloween, posers can stay home. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
HERE IS SOME PROOF THAT I LOVE HALLOWEEN BITCH!
Me interviewed in Atlanta Retro:
Scout Mob ghost hunt with me:
Scout Mob Quija Board with me:
Bumps of me in my Halloween costumes on Adult Swim:
I was interviewed about Halloween:
I was on the news about Halloween:
You can see more Halloween videos that I film on here:
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it bitch!
Also we made a film about it:
1. Chambers of Horror – (www.chambersofhorroratl.com): This was the first haunted attraction I worked in and it’s adult themed, scary, FUCKED UP, and amazing. Check this Rated X haunt out for a good time and maybe a turn on. This is there 7th year!
Here is me and some friends there last year for a visit.
2. 13 Stories Haunted House– (http://www.13storieshauntedhouse.com): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see. We went to the new location this year and you are blindfolded and licked and felt up! I was so happy.
3. Camp Blood – (www.campblood.com): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
4. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (www.uncleshucks.com): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
5. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (http://nightmaresgate.com/) I have been and it is a lot of fun. They even make you crawl. Panic Attack! So fun!
6. Haunted Hill House of Horror– (http://www.hauntedhillhouseofhorror.com) The Haunted Hill House of Horror is open every Friday and Saturday night and Halloween night in October. Times are from dusk-11:30 pm. You may also join us for our first annual Great Pumpkin Haunted Festival Sat. Oct. 26, with the most unique vendors, entertainment, zombie contest, food and more. The Festival starts at 11:00 am to 8:00pm with the Haunted House opening right afterward.
7. Fear The Woods- (http://fearthewoods.com ) I have not been to this one. Looks fun.
8. Paranoia Haunted House – (http://www.paranoiahauntedhouse.com) I have not been to this one, but would love to see.
Creepers Haunted House CLOSED THIS YEAR (https://www.facebook.com/CreepersHaunt)- Always a fun ride.
12. Scream on the Trail – (http://www.screamonthetrail.com)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version! This one was creepy cuz it was somebodies house and yard I thought they were going to really kill us.
13. Bloodwood Trail– (http://www.bloodwoodtrail.com)- 196 Painter Rd. Rome Ga, 30165.
14. House on Haunted Hill– (https://www.facebook.com/pages/House-On-Horror-Hill-Alpharetta-GA/151847708183149)- 1650 Alpharetta Highway at the intersection of Hwy 9 at Wills Road, Alpharetta , GA 30004.
15. Containment Hiram Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/containmenthiram?fref=ts) 52 Railroad St Hiram, Georgia.
16. Folklore Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/folklorehauntedhouse?fref=ts)- 5389 N Main St, Acworth, Georgia.
Now lets talk about fun activities and events:
1. Anime Weekend Atlanta -(Sept. 24th – 27th) – (http://www.awa-con.com)- is a four-day Japanese Animation and comics convention held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Go get your costumes there!
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 25th – Oct 25th- Friday through Sunday only) – (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/events/Pumpkin-Festival.aspx) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
4. Atlanta Zombie Walk 10th year– (Sunday Oct. 25th 4:00pm) – (www.facebook.com/groups/ZombieWalkAtlanta): Here is the invite also (https://www.facebook.com/events/1144511292243151/)Over 800 people get together and dress up as zombies and roam the streets of Atlanta and scare the hell out of people for the day! This event is a fuckin BLAST. I have had the honor of leading it 3 years in a row. Watch this video to see all the fun.
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 30th- Nov. 1st (http://www.walkerstalkercon.com) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (Oct. 23rd – Oct. 25th)- (http://www.oaklandcemetery.com/?event=capturing-the-spirit-of-oakland-halloween-tours-2). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 18th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Halloween at the museum– (Sat. Oct. 24th)- (http://www.fernbankmuseum.org/calendar-of-events/fernbank-boo-seum-trick-or-treat/) Follow the screams of excitment to Fernbank BOO-seum for a day of frightening-ly fun Halloween-themed activities including treats for kids in costume, games, music and more.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party– (Friday Oct. 30th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Boo at the Zoo –(Weekends in Oct.)- (http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/article_content/boo_this_weekend#cY8Og) Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns
11. Monsterama – (October 2nd- 4th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
19. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 26th – Nov. 1st) – (https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/festival/fright-fest) Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!!
20. Scary Party 6 Midtown Barcrawl- (Oct. 30th 7:00pm) – (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/scary-party-6-midtown/) Last year 3000+ brave souls came out to Midtown Atlanta largest Halloween bash! Halloween Fun comes to Midtown the night before Halloween! You will not want to miss this event!
21. Roxie Roz Halloween Burlesque Show with Andrew + The Disapyramids- Tuesday Oct. 20th (https://www.facebook.com/events/812040222247459/) – It’s a Halloween Show and the debut of:
Roxie Roz – 50s 60s Rock’n’Roll Burlesque,
Featuring striptastic performances by: Candi Lecoeur, Kitty Capone, Luna Lynx, Annette Coquette. Dancing to the live music of: Andrew and The Disapyramids.
22. Halloween Night in the Highlands 5– (Oct. 31st 6:00ppm)- (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/halloween-night-in-the-highlands-5/) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
23. B-52’s Halloween Scream– (Oct. 30th 8:00pm) – (http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=B52&linkID=fta&shopperContext&caller&appCode&_ga=1.237887616.1844006001.1430228916&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb+ad&utm_campaign=b52s)
24. Plaza Theater Screening-
The Shining (1980)- 10/2-10/8
Goodnight Mommy – 10/2-10/8
Scoutmob Presents ‘Poltergeist (1982)’ – 10/14 – One Night Only (7:30pm)
Carrie (1976) -10/16-10/22 – 1 Show Daily
Rocky Horror Picture Show – Special Halloween Performance
10/30 – Midnight – All seats $15
10/31 – 9:00pm and Midnight – All seats $15
25. John Carpenter’s Halloween Screening One night only! Thursday Oct. 29th 7:30pm (http://www.fandango.com/johncarpentershalloween_186575/movieoverview)
27. Buried Alive Film Festival – (Nov. 14th and 15th) -(buriedalivefilmfest.com) Are you a local horror film maker? Well I am and I am always a part of the Buried Alive Film Festival. You should be too! It’s a blast to see all the horror that Atlanta has to offer..
28. Vampire party – LOST BOYS AND GIRLS- (https://www.facebook.com/events/1491960167771023/) The Basement.
29. Scoutmob presents HALLOWEEN 2015-Oct.31st – (https://www.facebook.com/events/1702187376671313/1704127626477288/)- We’re baaaack! It’s our 5th year of Halloween radness/goodness with all of the amazing performance arts and installations that you’ve come to expect. You’ll get to experience the most surreal of celebrations, complete with a building that features a spooky natural amphitheater, experimental music at every turn, roaming performances and an enormous dance party. We’ll be leaking details over the next few weeks so stay tuned!
30. Goth Night at Marys– (Oct. 29th) ( https://www.facebook.com/events/1652180585052125/)- It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
31. Hallowiener at Pallokaville (Oct.31st)
Where to get makeup and costumes!
1. Norcostco Atlanta Costume – (https://www.facebook.com/norcostco.costume)
2. Costumes Etc. – (http://www.costumes-etc.com)
3. Eddie’s Trick Shop- (http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/)
4. Sprit Halloween- (http://www.spirithalloween.com)
5. Halloween Headquarters- (http://atlhalloweenhq.com)
What’s coming soon to a theater near you!
Sept. 11th The Visit
Sept. 18th Cooties
Sept. 25th The Green Inferno
Oct. 9th The Final Girls
Oct. 30th Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
What’s coming out on Blu Ray.
Also find all your horror need at http://body-count.net
Sept. 8th– Shocker, The Editor, Friday the 13th part 5,6, 7, 8, The Town that Dreaded Sundown, Misery,
Sept. 15th – Halloween 6, The Legacy,
Sept. 29th – Poltergeist 2015, Christine, Savage Weekend
Oct. 6th – Insidious 3, American Horror Story: Freak Show, We Are Still Here, Children of the Night
Oct. 10th-Killer Workout, Shock Em Dead,
Oct. 20th– Demon Knight, Bordello of Blood, Blood Rage
Oct. 27th– Army of Darkness
Now lets talk about what’s fun to watch in October.
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
6. The Return of the Living Dead– The best zombie movie ever made, and some of my favorite dialogue in film period. Amazing soundtrack too.
7. Hellraiser– Humans are the bad guys in this amazing horror love story. Watch it for the love or the gore.
8. The Conjuring– This haunted house movie is spooky as fuck. Check it out on a dark Halloween night.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master– My favorite of the Freddy/ Nightmare films. The teens are BLEEPIN incredible in this film, and you will wish you could hang with Freddy when it’s over.
10. The Descent– This film made me jump twice. I don’t ever jump in movies. The plot is simple and brilliant and gave me a panic attack. Watch this film with all the lights off.
Here’s a list of kids Halloween movies:
1. The Halloween Tree – Learn about the season of Halloween in this kids adventure written by Ray Bradbury.
2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– Ummm its Charlie Brown.
3. The Fat Albert Halloween Special– I LOVE FAT ALBERT!
4. ParaNorman– A fun and relevant movie about being different, zombies, ghosts, and witches. It’s incredible.
5.. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad– This film feels like Halloween.
6. Monster House– Kid creepy and fun.
7. Mad Monster Party?– Party with monsters that have the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.
How about some spooky scores to scare the neighbors with or to chill with:
1. “The Fog” music by John Carpenter– This music will scare any trick or treater.
2. “Poltergeist” music by Jerry Goldsmith– Carol Anne’s theme is the ultimate spooky jam. One of Jerry’s best scores.
3. “Amityville Horror” music by Lalo Schifrin– Horror music based on a true story. Count me in.
4. “Halloween” music by John Carpenter– You can never go wrong with Carpenter cuts.
5. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” music by Charles Bernstein– When I was kid this score was playing in a line at Six Flags and scared the hell out of me. Shut up it was dark!
6. “It Follows” music by Rich Vreeland– This is electronic gold, and it’s an amazing throw back to Carpenter and Bernstein.
7. “The Conjuring” music by Joseph Bishara– This shit is scary as fuck.