I a saw statistic the other day and it made me sad as fuck. Sad because the world is missing out on some amazing and talented people. I was lucky enough to grow up around all kinds of people and shit half my family is from Puerto Rico. So I just tried to know everyone. Maybe I didn’t understand everything or everyone growing up but I tried to listen and know where people are coming from and even going. That’s what everyone should be doing. Anyway I thought about all the Asian actors I love and I wanted to make a list so maybe it gets people talking about this Hollywood problem below. I want to make an African American list also. Maybe people are just unaware and are not seeing or listening to the problem. They could also just be racist but I am trying to be positive bitch.
Anyway here is a list of the actors I genuinely love and wish were in more movies and shows. Some have passed away but I still watch their old movies all the time. I feel like things are changing, but it’s a slow change.
1. Victor Wong– I loved him. He has passed away and the day he died I was sad. He was smart, funny and real. He was a true star. Big Trouble in Little China, The Golden Child, The Last Emperor, Prince of Darkness, Tremors, 3 Ninjas, Seven Years in Tibet.
2. James Hong– A brilliant actor, and I met him once and he was so funny. He has done so many films and TV shows and cartoons. He worked his ass off and is amazing and is a star to me. It’s sad the world may not know who he even is. Godzilla, King of the Monsters! uncredited voice, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., I Dream of Jeannie, Mission: Impossible, Chinatown, Hawaii Five-O, Kung Fu, Wonder Woman, Maude, Charlie’s Angels, Hart to Hart, Airplane!, Fantasy Island, Blade Runner, Dynasty, Tales from the Darkside, The A-Team, Big Trouble in Little China, The Golden Child, Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise, Hunter, MacGyver, Doogie Howser, M.D., Wayne’s World 2, Tank Girl, The X-Files, Friends, Millennium, Charmed, Alias, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, Archer, R.I.P.D. , Key and Peele, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Regular Show, Kung Fu Panda 3 and so many more.
3. Michelle Yeoh– Someone who can act and fight and is beautiful! I love her and always. I once heard her say she slept with her fighting stick at night while filming a movie so that it would be a part of her. Amazing. Super cop 2, Tomorrow Never Dies, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Kung Fu Panda 2, Marco Polo, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, The Soong Sisters.
4. Chiaki Kuriyama– When I first saw her she was in Battle Royale! I almost died and fell out of my chair. She was incredible. Then later Kill Bill: Vol. 1. She was a star as GO GO. She has went on to do many TV series and movies in Japan. She is amazing.
5. Lucy Liu is all things! I love her. Beverly Hills, 90210, The X-Files, Charlie’s Angels the best!, Ally McBeal, Chicago, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 give her an Oscar, Elementary, Girls.
6. Dennis Dun– Umm I wanted to be him. I thought he was cool as shit. Partners in Crime, Big Trouble in Little China,The Last Emperor, Prince of Darkness, Grace Under Fire, Warriors of Virtue, The Nanny, The Bernie Mac Show.
8. Byung-hun Lee– I love him in movies and he is a big deal and should be. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, I Saw the Devil, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, RED 2, Terminator Genisys, The Magnificent Seven, I Come with the Rain, Hero.
9. Jet Li– He will kill you. I love it. Once Upon a Time in China, The New Legend of Shaolin, Black Mask, Lethal Weapon 4 (even though this movie is terrible and racist), Romeo Must Die, Kiss of the Dragon, The One, Hero, Cradle 2 the Grave, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor,The Expendables 2, The Expendables 3
11. Ken Jeong– Honestly one of the funniest people ever. MADtv, The Office, Pineapple Express, The Hangover ( the best thing in these movies), American Dad!, The Hangover Part II, Transformers: Dark of the Moon (literally the only good thing in this movie), The Muppets, Mary Shelley’s Frankenhole, Despicable Me 2, Bob’s Burgers, Community, Ride Along 2, Dr. Ken, Killing Hasselhoff.
13. Randall Park– Comedy gold! MADtv, Nick Cannon Presents: Short Circuitz, Ikea Heights, Supah Ninjas, Neighbors, Robot Chicken, The Interview, Newsreaders, Trainwreck, Community, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, The Night Before, Fresh Off the Boat, Childrens Hospital, Dismissed
14. Margaret Cho– She has always been funny and me laugh and had the first Asian sit-com. All-American Girl. It was so funny too, but didn’t last longer than a season. 😦 Face/Off, Sex and the City, Falling for Grace, Rick & Steve the Happiest Gay Couple in All the World, Ghost Whisperer, Drop Dead Diva, Dr. Ken, Family Guy, Alaska Is a Drag.
15. Ken Watanabe He has been in a lot of cool movies and if don’t know him I bet you will recognize him and he is amazing in everything. Batman Begins, The Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha, Shanghai , Unforgiven, Godzilla, Inception, Letters from Iwo Jima, The Sea of Trees
16. Jackie Chan he has been in so many movies it’s nuts. The world knows him! The Cannonball Run, Cannonball Run II, Police Story 2, Supercop 2, Mr. Nice Guy, Rush Hour, Around the World in 80 Days, Kung Fu Panda, Rush Hour 4, The Karate Kid 2.
17. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is always a bad guy but a great one. He was Shang Tsung!!!!!! Big Trouble in Little China, Licence to Kill, Baywatch, Mortal Kombat, The Phantom, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Poltergeist: The Legacy, Memoirs of a Geisha, Hawaii Five-0,Mortal Kombat: Legacy, 47 Ronin,
19. Harry Shum Jr. He was Mike Chang on Glee. He was also on The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. Now he has moved on to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny and Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. He is moving up in the world and is a great dancer.
20. Lucille Soong You will know her as the grandmother from Fresh Off the Boat but she has been in a lot of things and I love her. Desperate Housewives, The Sarah Silverman Program, Sky High, Freaky Friday, Dharma & Greg, Passions, The Joy Luck Club, Emergency-Ward 10
21. Steven Yeun He is on one of the biggest shows on TV right now. The Walking Dead. I met him once at 3am in t a haunted hotel and pretended not to know who he was. He was really a nice a guy and talked to me about ghosts.
22. Yayan Ruhian– He is also amazing in The Raid movies and can fight like nothing I have ever seen. I just bought the Star Wars figure for him. The Raid: Redemption, The Raid 2, Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens