My name is Eddie Ray and I love Halloween. So I’m glad I live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months! Also I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it!
1. 13 Stories Haunted House- (Click here for link!): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one of my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of the ghouls there. They have a trap house. It’s amazing.
2. Camp Blood – (Click here for link!): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods, and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail is for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
3. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (Click here for link!): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here.
4. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Nightmare’s Gate Hospital is the medical epicenter of an infectious disease that has No Cure, No Hope, and No Mercy! Something is spreading and the Doctors and Nurses are falling victim to it’s horrific effects. Patients are overpowering Orderlies, and Priests are turned from the path of compassion to outright ridicule. Dr McGavock from the CDC is battling both the infection and the infected with the best of modern medicine and the most barbaric of treatments ever devised by man. Don’t let them touch you as you navigate the twist and turns of Nightmare’s Gate! Will you be a survivor… Or a statistic?
5. Fear The Woods- (Click here for link!) This haunt consist of three different features: The Haunted House, a place where all your psychological fears are revealed; the Haunted Trail, where you have to find your way back after being dropped off in the middle of the woods and corn with the skinner family; and Pandemic, our NEW 8,000 square foot interactive, competitive, combat field where your skills determine your fate. We have been to this one and Love it!
6. Paranoia Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Looking for a fun place to do your haunted “housing” this year? Paranoia Haunt is located close to Atlanta, GA and is a must experience this year. People of all walks of life love getting the life scared out of them. There are two different haunted houses here, Blood Factory and Infectious.
7. Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home Haunt– (Link Here) In Jasper GA.
8. Gates of Misery –(Click here for link!)- Gates of Misery, formerly Haunting of the Seven Hills, is filled with torture, torment, zombies, and cannibals. See schedule. In Rome, Ga.
9. Containment Haunted House– (Click here for link!) 1320 Blair’s Bridge Rd., Lithia Springs, GA 30122
11. Escape the Woods– (Click here for link!)- You and your team will have 1 hour to escape an abandoned cabin buried deep in the woods before the time runs out. This is not just any cabin… the owner of the cabin has been studying serial killers his whole miserable life and he wants to make you his first victims. To escape before he gets home you will need to explore his cabin, solve clues, and decipher his locks. This game is designed for adults only and is not for the faint of heart. Warning this will not be for the faint of heart.
12. Zombie Farms– (Click here for link!)- Zombie Farms is a 1/2 mile walk through dark and spooky woods filled with zombies and other characters who will scare you, entertain you, and sometimes even make you laugh. This year they are offering a “Behind the Masque” tour for those who want that little something extra! For an extra fee, a personal tour guide takes you through the back side of the event, so you can watch some scares and even participate in one! You can ask questions about how it all works and get to see Actor Camp where actors get ready for each performance and take breaks.
13. Dread Hollow in Lookout Valley– (Click here for link!) – The nightmare knows no boundaries for the 14th year as Ruby Falls joins Fear Connection for the annual Haunted Cavern, this year at Dread Hollow – a brand new location bringing 20,000 feet of intense scare factors, less wait times, new characters, sliders and two separate haunts! Haunted Cavern is one of the area’s best haunted attractions listed #4 on Buzzfeed’s national haunt list and a 2016 top haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association.
14. Sinister Suites– (Click here for link!)- Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 21st – Nov. 3rd- Friday through Sunday only) – Click here for link!) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
4. Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho In Concert with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – Oct. 12th 8pm (Tickets here)
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 18th- Oct. 20th (Click here for link!) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (Link Here)(Oct. 17th- 27th). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 19th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank Fright Night (TBD)- (Click for info) In the mood for a frighteningly-fun night? Join us for a screaming good time at Fernbank’s annual adults-only Halloween party! Enjoy a costume contest, dancing, twilight tours of the new outdoor experience Woodland Spirits, access to the special exhibit Nature’s Superheroes: Life at the Limits and more. Craft beer, cocktails and small plates will be available for purchase.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party- (Friday Oct. 25th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Monsterama – (Sept. 27th-29th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
11. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 21st – Nov. 2nd) – Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!! Click here for link!
12. Midtown Halloween- (TBD) – (Click here for link!) Dress up for a night of fantasy and mischief on at the Midtown Halloween block party. Atlanta’s Largest Halloween Party with 2000+ over the last 5 years takes over all of Midtown until 3am! Make sure you get your picture taken for the $1000 Costume Contest at the photo booth.
13. Halloween Night in the Highlands– (TBD)- (Link Here) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
15. Goth Night at Marys– (Thursday Oct. 24th) – It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
16. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Plaza Theatre- TBD) (Link Here)
17. Halloweentown (Oct. 19th 10pm) Click here for info- Please Join the Combined crews of ; ART APOCALYPSE ATLANTA and Secret Partys of Atlanta as we Celebrate the Most Magical Time of Year – !!!!!!!!HALLOWEEN !!!!!!!!! Inside a 2 Story renovated Church with a private Outside Arena Patio of Art, Performance, and Dance, Fashion Show, and Bodypaint Competition by Atlanta Bodypaint , Plus walk directly into the Venue from the Huge fenced and monitored parking lot Next to the buiding .($5 Cash Fee)
20. Evil Dead The Musical– (TBD) – Evil Dead the Musical returns to Out of Box Theatre after a sell-out run for the last two years! Sam Raimi’s cult classic is an “All Guts, All Glory” musical interpretation of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness features songs like “All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Kandarian Demons,” “Ode to an Accidental Stabbing,” and “Do the Necronomicon.” This musical is not for the faint of heart, but is sure to leave your screaming with laughter.
21. 4th Annual Shock & Roll Halloween Extravaganza – Oct. 17th (Click here for info)- Eye Wreckin’ Entertainment presents the 4th Annual Shock & Roll Halloween Extravaganza! You couldn’t ask for a better show than this! Halloween is comin’ for ya’, Atlanta! Make your plans NOW!!!
The Casket Creatures, ELZIG
22. Day of the Dead Festival- Oct. 27th (Click here for info) – Visitors of all ages learn about and experience a Day of the Dead festival. Guests enjoy traditional dancing, crafts and authentic mexican food and entertainment. View a display of altars honoring lost family and friends that are decorated with flowers, food and beverages. Admission is free.
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
WARNING! If you are a white guy do not read this! I know that you all love Quentin Tarantino and will defend him like he is your goddamn mother! So, no need to read this review will make you angry etc.
Okay you were warned!
Here is my review for “Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood“. Quentin is back with his 9th film. He says it’s over at 10 because directors lose their edge or touch etc. Like all his films I was excited to see this one, Manson family stuff, Leo, 60’s dancing. What could go wrong?
The films starts off with Leo as an aging actor who is not getting the good roles anywhere. He hangs out with his stunt double Brad Pitt, who is also his driver and maid. Cut to feet. Then Sharon Tate shows up and walks around. Then cut to her dirty feet. Now Bruce Lee shows up picking fights with Brad Pitt. Cut to feet. Then the Manson Family shows up and acts kind of crazy. Later Leo shoots a few scenes on a cowboy show that looks like a bad show. Now we are back to Sharon Tate playing some records. Then cut to yellow looking feet. Um gross. In the end it’s a happy ending for Sharon Tate, but not the 2 two other girls that got mutilated/destroyed.
Well…. Hmm…. The whole movie I kept fighting to like. I kept thinking, well that scene was cool, then I was bored. Then I was like wait where is this movie going, is it really just about Leo not getting good parts and some salt-n-pepper Manson Family stuff and non-stop shots of feet. Yep! They would show Mama Cass and you would get excited, then it would cut away from that scene. They would show Bruce lee and you would get excited, but he was barely in it. They would show Luke Perry, but he had like 2 lines. Every time I thought “Yesss”, it was a “nooo”. He is re-imagining history so why not have all these characters doing cooler things. Like Bruce Lee beating up Charles Manson or something. Instead most people are left confused, after Brad Pitt and Leo destroy 2 girls and guy that were a part of the Manson Family. Yes, I understand that those 3 people killed Sharon Tate and destroyed her in real life, but in the context of your movie we do not even know who they really are. I mean if you are in the audience and you are like 65 years old, then maybe you were like 15 when it happened. So maybe you know or remember the whole scoop. Your audience doesn’t know who these people are. They only know who Charles Manson is and his ass wasn’t there. If you don’t believe me ask someone around you. Who is Charles Manson and what did he do? The answer will be half ass I am sure. So, Brad Pitt, who kills his wife for being a nag, also obliterated 2 more women. Then we are supposed to cheer for him. It felt weird, and I love horror movies and violence. WTF! Let’s face it, most people do not know history sooooo. Also in Inglourious Basterds they kill Hitler, which is great because the entire audience knows who Hitler is and what he has done, so it works. Let him die horribly, etc. I was with someone and they asked if Tex and Lulu were real. I said yes.
Listen I love Leo and it wasn’t that he was bad in this movie, it’s that he was kind of boring. I love Margot Robbie but she is wasted in this film. I am not a fan of Brad Pitt but he is okay in this movie too. The side characters are wasted though for sure. The movie is just boring, and the dialogue is not strong like his other films. Notice I didn’t say it was “long”. A movie can be 15 minutes long and still be boring as hell. Length is irrelevant to me.
It’s like you are teacher, and then your “A” student just turned in a “C” paper. Honestly I have enjoyed all his movies even “The Hateful Eight” (when people didn’t like it), and I really wanted to like this new film, but I couldn’t and I really feel disappointed about it. Once my favorite Director John Carpenter directed “Ghosts of Mars“, I kept telling people it was good, and it took me months to realize it wasn’t. Why? Because I didn’t want my favorite director to do something bad, but he did. Like I said I like Quentin’s movies but this one felt weak, flat and forgettable to me. Unless you love feet, then you will love it, they are all in this movie. I could ramble for days but in the end, it felt like Quentin Tarantino was told to make a Quentin Tarantino film. Like if you were told to make it, it would look this way.
A. Quentin Tarantino directed this it’s his 9th film. One more to go etc. Listen I have enjoyed all his movies that he has made and I felt this one was boring and like a bunch of puzzle pieces that didn’t fit together. The more I thought about it the more disappointed I became, because I do love all his movies, but not this one. It just wasn’t for me I guess. I know people are loyalists to their favorite directors and do not see the flaws or whatever.
I have learned never to argue with white guys who love Tarantino. They will stab you if you say you don’t love him.
B. Leonardo DiCaprio I love you and alway have. You were good in this movie, but I felt empty in the end. This picture even looks like this would be a fun scene. It wasn’t.
C. Brad Pitt I have always been indifferent about Brad over the years, he is fine in this movie I guess.
D. Mike Moh (Empire) did a good job playing Bruce Lee, but by the end of his scene you felt weird about it. They made him out to be this super hot headed jerk. Maybe he was a jerk, I didn’t know him. It just felt weird. Like if I am fan of someone I would not have put him in this light.
An article with Bruce Lee’s daughter talking about the films portray of Bruce.
E. Here is what Margot Robbie did the whole movie. Just stood places looking pretty etc. Literally her whole part in this film. It’s not even about being sexist. It’s about being boring. When you bore your audience you have failed as a filmmaker or anything really.
F. The soundtrack was full of 60’s songs. A lot of his movies do a great job connecting songs with scenes, that you will think of when you hear the song later. This movie didn’t real feel like that. Ya know, like you know the songs from Kill Bill and what scene they are in. No music in this film felt married to the scene.
G. This is the movie I wanted to see. 2 pics from a party scene in the movie. It was not the film I got.
H. There were non-stop commercials playing on the radio throughout the film. I hated that.
I. I wonder how the future will view/like his movies. Like in 50 years, when he is dead. I still think Kill Bill and Death Proof can be liked in the future.
Here is my review for “Spider-Man: Far from Home“. Spider-man is back, and he is alive from Avengers. Now he is trying to have a normal life after fighting aliens and shit. He just wants to go on school trip and make out with MJ. The trip goes shits up when Mysterio shows up with bad news in the multiverse. So, he and his friends with Nick Fury have to spot the big bad guy, all the while Spider-man is trying to a date with MJ. In the end we learn that we still love Tom Holland as Spider-man and that he has a great ass in that costume.
Okay we love Tom Holland, we love Tom Holland as Spider-Man. He seems fun and genuine in that costume. He is likable and you want to be friends with him. He really does make you like these movies his in. They do a great job making you feel he is in High school and it’s fun and funny too.Jake Gyllenhaalis great as Mysterio and all the surprises that come with him. I love that he is just some guy is acting. I hope he comes back in the next film.Zendaya is cool, maybe even to cool for this movie. I love her in anything she pops up in now. I wished it wouldn’t have harped on Iron Man’s death so much. I mean we get it, it’s sad, he is dead. I am ready to move on. It’s a fun movie that you will enjoy watching and should check it out. I mean it connects to all those other Marvel movies, so I guess you have too.
A. Tom Holland really is charismatic and likable. He sells the role and you buy it! We love watching him and his ass in this role.
Okay so just like Hereditary this movie starts off with more grief and sadness. Dani is a lady who is sad about her family shit, and her boyfriend Christian is over it.Will Poulter shows up and wants Christian to dump her before they go on a trip to Sweden with friends. Then Dani gets invited and they all head over to Sweden for this midsummar festival. Shit gets crazier and crazier when they all end of up in this fucked Pagan nightmare.
Listen this is not Hereditary, but did you want it to be? I didn’t. Give me something different and Ari did. He is definitely doing what he wants to in his movies. I do love that he uses grief or death themes to begin his stories. It’s interesting and this film gives it to you. You feel like it’s happening to you. It looks, sounds and feels real. I also love that in the end it’s a happy ending for the “Bad Guys” (just like in Hereditary), I say Bad Guys, but they really aren’t. From their perspective they are just living their lives and are happy, now granted they do and like fucked up shit. The truth of it is still there. This movie is really about American Interlopers/tress-passers. American ignorance and privilege etc. They come into a place thinking they are at the center of everything and that a people beliefs and ideals are silly. They realize they fucked up soon enough. ThinkThe Texas Chain Saw Massacre at Coachella. Trespassers come into (home invasion) Leartherface’s crib and he is like WTF and the Trespassers don’t understand they eat people or whatever. This movie is a similar design and I love that.
Florence Pugh does a great job as Dani, because you dislike her at first then understand her later. She sells it hard.Jack Reynor is giving you dongs out for the summertime. There is a sex scene that is amazing and fucked up. You will laugh and be horrified. I have really grown to likeWill Poulterin films, he is an interesting actor for sure. You really will have fun watching this movie. Yes, it’s funny at times too. Then shit gets gory and fucked up. It’s a bright horror movie. The sun is in your face and is like it’s own character in this movie! Is it super scary? No. Is it crazy and fucked up? Yes. I can’t wait to see his 3rd film. Go check it out it for sure.
A. Directed by Ari Aster (Hereditary) he is has done 2 films that I have loved and I am excited to see the next one.
Here is a short he made in 2011.
B. How I feel on Mondays.
C. Composed by The Haxan Cloak (The Enemy Within) and it’s interesting for sure. It’s a nice score, it feels hopeful but at the same time dreadful. I liked it.
D. Florence Pugh (Little Women) played Dani, and you loved, hated and then loved her again. She feels like a real character and somebody you know.
Okay so the film begins with Millie Bobby Brown and her family. The world is shit and there are monsters asleep everywhere. Millie’s mom, Vera Farmiga, wakes all the monsters up with some new Monster Alarm Clock. Now Rodan and Mothra and King Gidorah are up and horny. So, Godzilla is back to stop them. Meanwhile all these humans are flying around in some kind of future plane. All the monsters fight, and you realize okay maybe you do need interesting characters even in a monster movie.
Okay so let me first say that the monsters look amazing, their fight scenes are incredible. Your mouth will be hanging fuckin open and Rodan is my hero and I love him. The score is pretty great too. Everything is loud and powerful, and you will be like holy shit. Now for the humans. They are honestly dumb and boring. I love the actors that were chosen too, but they were lifeless in their parts. The humans in the film are basically following the monsters around while also looking for Millie. Listen who gives a shit about this little girl in the movie. Who fuckin cares. I thought I could get over the dumb characters because the monsters are big and cool, but you can’t. You feel let down by the time the movie ends. It’s like you love half the movie and hate the other half. I don’t care about some dumb family when the world is ending. Fuck them. Maybe I just hated the writing for these characters. It’s crazy how they really got half this movie so right and the other half so weird and forced. If you love Godzilla movies you will love seeing these giant critters banging, but you will not be able to relate to one person in this movie. See it on the big screen for the monsters, because on a small TV it will suck all the way.
Here is my review for “Ma“. Listen maybe you are on the fence about this? or maybe you want to have a good time and see MA!
Okay the movie starts off with a mother and daughter moving to a new town. There the daughter meets the local teens and they all start hanging. One day they want to get lit as fuck but aren’t old enough to buy booze, so they see MA (Octavia Spencer) and ask her if she will buy the booze for them. She does but gets them to come over to her basement to party. It’s a good time and they all become friends until MA gets possessive and controlling and doesn’t want to drink alone. The shit gets crazy and people die! In the end you realize you have never partied until you partied with MA.
WOW! Okay I loved this movie and it really was crazy as fuck. Octavia Spencer is giving it to you in this. She is living her best goddamn life. Dancing, partying and killing. It is one of the most fun movies of the year. You will want to hang out with MA. I love that there are flashbacks to her in High School. Showing what made her angry. Like “Prom Night” etc. It feels like an 80’s horror movie at times for sure. I love when horror reflects what is going in society at that time. The lesson is shit you say and do in the past will come back and haunt you. Like on Facebook/Instagram in the real world today. The teens are fun and memorable, and you will like hanging with them for the length of the film. There are some crazy things they show in this movie and we are there for it. MA come through! You really will be entertained by this movie and want to see a sequel the second you leave the theater. Go so MA for a good time! I am buying this movie when it drops!
A. Octavia Spencer was great in this film. She had fun with it and lived it! I hope they make MA 2: Spring Break
B. Ma’s theme song is amazing.
D. Juliette Lewis was great in this. I feel like I understand her more now that she is older.