Here is my review for “Ma“. Listen maybe you are on the fence about this? or maybe you want to have a good time and see MA!
Okay the movie starts off with a mother and daughter moving to a new town. There the daughter meets the local teens and they all start hanging. One day they want to get lit as fuck but aren’t old enough to buy booze, so they see MA (Octavia Spencer) and ask her if she will buy the booze for them. She does but gets them to come over to her basement to party. It’s a good time and they all become friends until MA gets possessive and controlling and doesn’t want to drink alone. The shit gets crazy and people die! In the end you realize you have never partied until you partied with MA.
WOW! Okay I loved this movie and it really was crazy as fuck. Octavia Spencer is giving it to you in this. She is living her best goddamn life. Dancing, partying and killing. It is one of the most fun movies of the year. You will want to hang out with MA. I love that there are flashbacks to her in High School. Showing what made her angry. Like “Prom Night” etc. It feels like an 80’s horror movie at times for sure. I love when horror reflects what is going in society at that time. The lesson is shit you say and do in the past will come back and haunt you. Like on Facebook/Instagram in the real world today. The teens are fun and memorable, and you will like hanging with them for the length of the film. There are some crazy things they show in this movie and we are there for it. MA come through! You really will be entertained by this movie and want to see a sequel the second you leave the theater. Go so MA for a good time! I am buying this movie when it drops!
A. Octavia Spencer was great in this film. She had fun with it and lived it! I hope they make MA 2: Spring Break
B. Ma’s theme song is amazing.
D. Juliette Lewis was great in this. I feel like I understand her more now that she is older.
Here is my review for “Us“. This is Jordan Peele‘s second film! Will it be as good as GET OUT? Is he a one hit wonder or whatever?
Okay so this movie starts off with a little girl who gets lost at the LOST BOYS amusement park on the beach. She ends up in a fun house and runs into Doppelganger down there. She gets back with her parents and she is scared for years. Later the little girl grows up to be Lupita Nyong’o and she is married now and has kids. Now they are all headed back to the beach for fun, Lupita hates the beach because she saw that creepy twin of hers there. It’s night-time and now there is a sketchy family attacked them who also looks just like them. Their doppelgänger/twins hate them and want to see them dead. The chase is on and these Tethered evil twins want blood. In the end you must fight your real enemy who happens to be yourself.
Okay Jordan Peele is giving it to us. You can see he loves horror films from the past, but he is giving his new life. Lupita Nyong’o is amazing in this film as both good and evil characters. So much so you don’t even know who to root for. She really is great in this movie. The whole family is amazing, both versions of them. One family you love because they are fun-loving and real. The other family you love because they are scary and mean as hell. Listen its 2019 and audiences want their horror movies to be smart and witty. This one is both. There is a line that Adelaide Wilson says to her daughter when the shit is about to hit the fan, “Go put your shoes on”. That one line really sums up how smart this movie is. We are so used to seeing dummies in horror movies run around and not think or be prepared (not all horror movies but a lot of them). I really love that line. In the movie “The Strangers” Liv Tyler character is bare foot and when shit is going down you see her literally push shoes out-of-the-way. She should be putting shoes on and getting ready to fight. She doesn’t. The Wilson family in “Us” is smart and ready for action.
There are some parts that you will figure out early on, but even then you will think, did I really figure it out. It really keeps you guessing about everyone and even after it is over you will be thinking back about the film and realizing new shit. I bet if you watch this movie 5 more times you will still be learning and seeing secrets. I love the whole idea about being tethered to a bad you, that you want to get rid of. I love that your worst enemy is you. I love that maybe you yourself are the bad person. I love that the government is involved. I love their costumes. It really gives it to you. We can write pages about this movie but stopping reading spoilers and go see the movie and see what your perception of the movie will be. You will be scared and entertained the whole way through.
A. Jordan Peele is popping off! We are excited for more films by him. He really is making scary and smart horror films.
B. Lupita Nyong’o listen she is giving it to you in this movie on all levels.
C. A detailed article about the film. In case you are lost or something.
F. This costume is scary and will look good this Halloween.
G. Mixing this song into score is brilliant and also mocks other horror films for always slowing down rock songs to a creepy version. The score was composed by Michael Abels (Get Out ) and so far 2 great scores.
Here is my review for “Halloween” 2018. Listen I love the Halloween movies. I love the music and the characters and Michael Myers. I was so excited to see this movie and the new swag/merch that has come out this year for the Halloween movies is nuts. It’s a great time to be alive for Halloween. Okay so this movie takes place right after the first Halloween movie back in 1978. The others movies do not exist. It’s 40 years later and Michael has been locked up in Smith’s Grove this whole time. Laurie is a Doomsday Prepper and has been stockpiling weapons etc. She has a Daughter named Karen and Granddaughter named Allyson. They both think Granny is crazy from her ordeal back in the day. Ya know get over it. Now Michael has escaped and he is out looking for blood and Laurie. Laurie is dealing with stress and emotional issues but you can’t shut Laurie Strode down. Michael starts killing everyone and he means business, it’s get gory as fuck. In the end it’s the 40 year reunion of Michael and Laurie. Who will get their asses handed to them this time!
Okay so I felt overwhelmed watching this movie. I have been waiting so long for it to come out and I was like HOLY SHIT! I love the Laurie Strode character on any timeline. You really just feel sad for her and her life this time because Michael fucked her shit up. I even love the dynamic between Laurie and her daughter. You know mothers and daughters don’t get along etc., but Laurie and her granddaughter do. I even love how it’s really about women empowerment. It always has been. In Halloween 1 Laurie was strong and smart. She is stronger and smarter now. She is trying to live with the shit that happened to her, like a lot of women do today. I love the “New” Loomis, because he is not Loomis at all. It reminded me of Dr. Wynn from part 1 and 6. That’s the thing too, there are nods to all the films but in subtle ways that fans would probably know. Mrs. Elrod from part 2 is in there! Yes!
Michael was scary again in this one too. Micheal’s walk was great. He even sells it with the standing around. In 4-8 he really wasn’t scary to me. The mask looked great too and it’s what really sells him. A lot of the masks have looked like shit over the years. I really love that he is walking the suburban streets again and just killing people, but not everyone. I love that he doesn’t kill everyone, that’s the way he was in part 1 and 2. Skip over some people. The score by John Carpenter was incredible, his music is amazing to me and always feels right. It makes a difference in having him compose the score again. Halloween 4 and 5 scores are pretty good, 6 is a lot, Halloween H20: 20 Years Later is too hollywood and uses a big orchestra, Part 8 is terrible. Rob Zombie’s movie scores for his remakes are just noises and sound effects really. So it makes a difference to have Carpenter on it again. They did a great job shooting a lot of the Michael Myers stuff, but I do wish it was more “Halloween” season atmospheric. Even part 4 has a great opening and you feel like it’s Halloween in that movie. Something quiet and dark about it all.
Is it perfect? No, but how do they make it perfect? I have no idea. Did the English Podcast people get on my nerves? Yes. I do miss that Laurie is his sister. I loved that. It scared me in Halloween 2. I also wish it was longer. More Showdown and more Teen dialogue, but I get why it couldn’t be longer. I also wish it had more nods to the other Halloween movies, but loved what they showed. Even the Jamie Lloyd nod at the end was great.
It was made for fans of the Halloween series for sure. It may not be what everyone wanted but it gave me what I needed and I hope they make another one. I have learned with horror sequels when someone watches one of these movies when they are young that’s the one they liked and think is scary. When people get older, obviously they are not scared like they were when they were watching it at 15 years old or whatever. The world is a real scary place now. So it’s hard to submit to horror movies as an adult. Scary is relative and always will be. One persons nightmares is another persons action adventure or whatever. When you see anything with young/fresh eyes it’s new and scary. When I watch horror movies now I try to think, would this scare me if I was in it. It does and I loved it. It’s great to see theses characters again also in something new. It feels like friends of yours that you get to see again. Also Michael Myers is like Dracula now and timeless. We will always see him in different movies in the future like Dracula. The fun thing is that you have 11 Halloween films to choose from to watch and love whichever one you want to. Even the worst one is still pretty good. I think the new one is scary and moody and depressing. Anyway so go see this movie and love it or hate it. You will still be entertained by it. It’s Michael Myers and Laurie Strode! She is a 59-year-old woman who is the lead in the number horror movie right now. That’s amazing!
A. Jamie Lee Curtis is amazing in these movies. Laurie Strode is a hero to us all. I love her in this movie and all the movies.
On Halloween in 1978 Ben Tramer just wanted to have a good time and ask out the girl of his dreams Laurie Strode… but things don’t always go as planned. See the untold story of Ben Tramer from the classic film Halloween (1978).
Here is my review for “he Nun“. Okay so this is a spin off from “The Conjuring 2“. Which I loved. The nun was creepy and fun in that movie etc. This new film starts off with scenes from ”The Conjuring 2‘ then it goes back in time to the 1950’s. It takes place in a Nun Castle where the evil nun lives. I’m not sure why she is there. The evil nun is killing other nuns and now this boring Priest, a not nun (she is not a nun yet), and a hot dude from Canada all head to the nun castle to see what’s up. The hot Canadian is there for a “Love Interest” for the Not Nun. Which is weird. Are they going to bang or something. Wtf. She is a nun. Anyway they realize there is an evil nun doing crazy shit and decide to stay. All 3 characters are boring and poorly equipped to deal with this demon nun. They run around for an hour and the nun is coming out of the goddamn walls to get them. In the end we find out the hot dude is really French Canadian, the priest is not good at his job, and the not nun becomes a full nun and does a trick she learned from Jada Pinkett Smith from “Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight” (a fun movie watch it) to kill the evil nun. Well not kill because she is in the Conjuring 2 in the future.
Okay so this movie is just dumb. I love The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2. They both have an interesting story, and it’s based on reality. The Nun is made up. Annabelle 1 and 2 are made up. You can tell because they are dumb movies. The Nun has a basic horror storyline, ya know investigate an evil thing somewhere, stay cuz you dumb, then fight it and good wins. They only thing unique about it is that they are all wearing nun outfits. The cast is literally made up of 3 people and all 3 people are boring and forgettable. It takes place in 1950 but it feels like 1850. It’s weird. The dialogue is generic and weak. The score is silly. Did I hate the movie? No, but it’s like who cares though. Even in the ending there is a hell mouth to close, and that was 7 years of Buffy. The blood of Jesus trick they use in it is from Demon Knight. Maybe they love those movies, but we have seen those tricks ya know. I really didn’t expect much. I thought it would be like Annabelle. Bad, and it was. Director James Wan directed The Conjuring and Conjuring 2 and he didn’t direct this movie and you can tell. He really is a good director and this movie feels like a quick gimmick. You may say will this movie is different or it’s this or that. Well they keep harping on how these films being spin offs from the Conjuring universe, but they don’t feel like it. You set up the universe now don’t blame me when I tell you it doesn’t fit in the world you created. Sorry I will have nun of that shit. Anyway I guess watch it on Netflix and roll your eyes etc.
A. Taissa Farmiga was boring in this movie. Maybe she is boring in everything and I never paid attention enough.
B. Bonnie Aarons played the Nun in this movie and The Conjuring 2. Good for her though.
My name is Eddie Ray and I’m in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA. People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween kid, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. I work for its success and break my ass to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months! Okay I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay, trans, or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it bitch!
Also we made a film about it:
1. 13 Stories Haunted House- (Click here for link!): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see. We went to the new location this year and you are blindfolded and licked and felt up! I was so happy. This year they have a trap house.
Here is a video from my visit there.
2. Camp Blood – (Click here for link!): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
3. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (Click here for link!): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
4. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (Click here for link!) I have been and it is a lot of fun. They even make you crawl. Panic Attack! So fun! Nightmare’s Gate Hospital is the medical epicenter of an infectious disease that has No Cure, No Hope, and No Mercy! Something is spreading and the Doctors and Nurses are falling victim to it’s horrific effects. Patients are overpowering Orderlies, and Priests are turned from the path of compassion to outright ridicule. Dr McGavock from the CDC is battling both the infection and the infected with the best of modern medicine and the most barbaric of treatments ever devised by man. Don’t let them touch you as you navigate the twist and turns of Nightmare’s Gate! Will you be a survivor… Or a statistic?
5. Fear The Woods- (Click here for link!) This haunt consist of three different features: The Haunted House, a place where all your psychological fears are revealed; the Haunted Trail, where you have to find your way back after being dropped off in the middle of the woods and corn with the skinner family; and Pandemic, our NEW 8,000 square foot interactive, competitive, combat field where your skills determine your fate. We have been to this one and Love it! Here is Me and Max talking about it and some footage too.
6. Paranoia Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Looking for a fun place to do your haunted “housing” this year? Paranoia Haunt is located close to Atlanta, GA and is a must experience this year. People of all walks of life love getting the life scared out of them. There are two different haunted houses here, Blood Factory and Infectious.
7. Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home Haunt– (Link Here) In Jasper GA.
8. Gates of Misery –(Click here for link!)- Gates of Misery, formerly Haunting of the Seven Hills, is filled with torture, torment, zombies, and cannibals. See schedule. In Rome, Ga.
9. Scream on the Trail – (Click here for link!)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version! This one was creepy cuz it was somebodies house and yard I thought they were going to really kill us.
13. Escape the Woods– (Click here for link!)- You and your team will have 1 hour to escape an abandoned cabin buried deep in the woods before the time runs out. This is not just any cabin… the owner of the cabin has been studying serial killers his whole miserable life and he wants to make you his first victims. To escape before he gets home you will need to explore his cabin, solve clues, and decipher his locks. This game is designed for adults only and is not for the faint of heart. Warning this will not be for the faint of heart.
14. Zombie Farms– (Click here for link!)- Zombie Farms is a 1/2 mile walk through dark and spooky woods filled with zombies and other characters who will scare you, entertain you, and sometimes even make you laugh. This year they are offering a “Behind the Masque” tour for those who want that little something extra! For an extra fee, a personal tour guide takes you through the back side of the event, so you can watch some scares and even participate in one! You can ask questions about how it all works and get to see Actor Camp where actors get ready for each performance and take breaks.
15. Dread Hollow in Lookout Valley– (Click here for link!) – The nightmare knows no boundaries for the 14th year as Ruby Falls joins Fear Connection for the annual Haunted Cavern, this year at Dread Hollow – a brand new location bringing 20,000 feet of intense scare factors, less wait times, new characters, sliders and two separate haunts! Haunted Cavern is one of the area’s best haunted attractions listed #4 on Buzzfeed’s national haunt list and a 2016 top haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association.
16. Sinister Suites– (Click here for link!)- Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 22nd – Oct 28th- Friday through Sunday only) – Click here for link!) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 26th- Oct. 28th (Click here for link!) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (Link Here)(Oct. 18th- 28th). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 20th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank Fright Night (Oct. 26th)- (Click for info) In the mood for a frighteningly-fun night? Join us for a screaming good time at Fernbank’s annual adults-only Halloween party! Enjoy a costume contest, dancing, twilight tours of the new outdoor experience Woodland Spirits, access to the special exhibit Nature’s Superheroes: Life at the Limits and more. Craft beer, cocktails and small plates will be available for purchase.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party- (Friday Oct. 26th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Monsterama – (Oct. 5th-7th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
11. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 22nd – Oct. 31st) – Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!! Click here for link!
12. Midtown Halloween- (Oct. 26th 7:00pm) – (Click here for link!) Dress up for a night of fantasy and mischief on at the Midtown Halloween block party. Atlanta’s Largest Halloween Party with 2000+ over the last 5 years takes over all of Midtown until 3am! Make sure you get your picture taken for the $1000 Costume Contest at the photo booth.
13. Halloween Night in the Highlands– (Oct. 27th 6:00pm)- (Link Here) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
15. Goth Night at Marys– (Thursday Oct. 25th) – It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
16. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Plaza Theatre) (TBD) (Link Here)
17. Women in Horror Film Fest– (Oct. 4th-7th) (http://www.wihff.com) A unique festival, dedicated to showcasing independent female writers and filmmakers who have dedicated their craft to this genre. The fest will be held at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference Center in Peachtree City, GA, nestled between legendary Pinewood Studios Atlanta and Raleigh Studios (home of AMC’s The Walking Dead).
18. A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper -(Oct. 10th) Concert!
19. Shalloween W/ Sasha Velour -(Oct. 26th) Click here for link! WUSSY returns for the 4th annual SHALLOWEEN Dance Party featuring SASHA VELOUR winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9! Come bump uglies with Atlanta’s undead weirdos! We wanna see your freakiest Drag, Spooky Sadboys, Trash Queens + Swamp Kings, and Velour inspired couture.
21. Evil Dead The Musical– (Oct. 5th-20th) – Evil Dead the Musical returns to Out of Box Theatre after a sell-out run for the last two years! Sam Raimi’s cult classic is an “All Guts, All Glory” musical interpretation of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness features songs like “All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Kandarian Demons,” “Ode to an Accidental Stabbing,” and “Do the Necronomicon.” This musical is not for the faint of heart, but is sure to leave your screaming with laughter.
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
Here is my review for “Better Watch Out“. Okay so it’s a Christmas horror movie. Are you ready? Some of you can’t handle that shit. I love horror Christmas movies.
Okay so I don’t want to give shit away, but here is the basics a 12-year-old parents are going out for the night during Christmas. His Babysitter Ashley is coming over to watch his ass even though he is told old for this shit. He has the hots for Ashley and is trying to hit on her, but scary shit starts to pop off. His best friend comes over and gets caught up in the mix. Shit hits the fan and I was screaming! Yes, I screamed out lately from Happiness! Now that’s all I am saying. No Spoilers!!!!!!
Okay this movie starting off with me rolling my eyes. Like we seen this shit before then shit got nuts. Then I started screaming! YESSSSSSSSSS! I really liked this movie. It’s fucked up Christmas fun! All three Actors did great. I was into all of them and they sold that shit! I said YES a lot! Yes, it’s cruel and violent, but it’s not really gory. So don’t wig out or do. If you love Horror and Christmas then you will have fun watching this shit. I watched then ordered it on Blu Ray the next day. I really hope they make sequel but I doubt they well it was so indie and was just ON DEMAND etc. It was like Home Alone and Funny Games rolled into one! If you don’t know what Funny Games is then you’re a fool find it now and watch it. If you are looking for a fucked up cruel ass Christmas Horror movie then you found it. I was waiting on it! Go watch it now! Also watch all the credits!!!!!