Okay here is my list of the top 10 films I loved in 2019. These are ones I would watch again also. Check it out. You may be like OMG to some and where are some other films. It may change when I see the last couple of movies I need to see but this is it.
1. Ma– Is such a fun film and Octavia Spencer is gold in this. Make a sequel with her on spring break killing kids now! I will watch this movie all the time. It was my favorite movie this year!
9. Cats– You may be asking, wait everyone hated this movie it was a flop. Listen I have never seen anything as ape shit nuts as this movie and it’s worthy of liking. They didn’t give a fuck and made a movie about singing and talking Cats.
10. Downton Abbey was this movie great? No, but I love these characters and I loved watching this movie. It really was just like the TV show with a bigger budget, but I liked it either way.
My name is Eddie Ray and I love Halloween. So I’m glad I live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months! Also I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it!
1. 13 Stories Haunted House- (Click here for link!): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one of my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of the ghouls there. They have a trap house. It’s amazing.
2. Camp Blood – (Click here for link!): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods, and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail is for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
3. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (Click here for link!): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here.
4. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Nightmare’s Gate Hospital is the medical epicenter of an infectious disease that has No Cure, No Hope, and No Mercy! Something is spreading and the Doctors and Nurses are falling victim to it’s horrific effects. Patients are overpowering Orderlies, and Priests are turned from the path of compassion to outright ridicule. Dr McGavock from the CDC is battling both the infection and the infected with the best of modern medicine and the most barbaric of treatments ever devised by man. Don’t let them touch you as you navigate the twist and turns of Nightmare’s Gate! Will you be a survivor… Or a statistic?
5. Fear The Woods- (Click here for link!) This haunt consist of three different features: The Haunted House, a place where all your psychological fears are revealed; the Haunted Trail, where you have to find your way back after being dropped off in the middle of the woods and corn with the skinner family; and Pandemic, our NEW 8,000 square foot interactive, competitive, combat field where your skills determine your fate. We have been to this one and Love it!
6. Paranoia Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Looking for a fun place to do your haunted “housing” this year? Paranoia Haunt is located close to Atlanta, GA and is a must experience this year. People of all walks of life love getting the life scared out of them. There are two different haunted houses here, Blood Factory and Infectious.
7. Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home Haunt– (Link Here) In Jasper GA.
8. Gates of Misery –(Click here for link!)- Gates of Misery, formerly Haunting of the Seven Hills, is filled with torture, torment, zombies, and cannibals. See schedule. In Rome, Ga.
9. Containment Haunted House– (Click here for link!) 1320 Blair’s Bridge Rd., Lithia Springs, GA 30122
11. Escape the Woods– (Click here for link!)- You and your team will have 1 hour to escape an abandoned cabin buried deep in the woods before the time runs out. This is not just any cabin… the owner of the cabin has been studying serial killers his whole miserable life and he wants to make you his first victims. To escape before he gets home you will need to explore his cabin, solve clues, and decipher his locks. This game is designed for adults only and is not for the faint of heart. Warning this will not be for the faint of heart.
12. Zombie Farms– (Click here for link!)- Zombie Farms is a 1/2 mile walk through dark and spooky woods filled with zombies and other characters who will scare you, entertain you, and sometimes even make you laugh. This year they are offering a “Behind the Masque” tour for those who want that little something extra! For an extra fee, a personal tour guide takes you through the back side of the event, so you can watch some scares and even participate in one! You can ask questions about how it all works and get to see Actor Camp where actors get ready for each performance and take breaks.
13. Dread Hollow in Lookout Valley– (Click here for link!) – The nightmare knows no boundaries for the 14th year as Ruby Falls joins Fear Connection for the annual Haunted Cavern, this year at Dread Hollow – a brand new location bringing 20,000 feet of intense scare factors, less wait times, new characters, sliders and two separate haunts! Haunted Cavern is one of the area’s best haunted attractions listed #4 on Buzzfeed’s national haunt list and a 2016 top haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association.
14. Sinister Suites– (Click here for link!)- Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 21st – Nov. 3rd- Friday through Sunday only) – Click here for link!) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
4. Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho In Concert with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – Oct. 12th 8pm (Tickets here)
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 18th- Oct. 20th (Click here for link!) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (Link Here)(Oct. 17th- 27th). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 19th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank Fright Night (TBD)- (Click for info) In the mood for a frighteningly-fun night? Join us for a screaming good time at Fernbank’s annual adults-only Halloween party! Enjoy a costume contest, dancing, twilight tours of the new outdoor experience Woodland Spirits, access to the special exhibit Nature’s Superheroes: Life at the Limits and more. Craft beer, cocktails and small plates will be available for purchase.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party- (Friday Oct. 25th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Monsterama – (Sept. 27th-29th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
11. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 21st – Nov. 2nd) – Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!! Click here for link!
12. Midtown Halloween- (TBD) – (Click here for link!) Dress up for a night of fantasy and mischief on at the Midtown Halloween block party. Atlanta’s Largest Halloween Party with 2000+ over the last 5 years takes over all of Midtown until 3am! Make sure you get your picture taken for the $1000 Costume Contest at the photo booth.
13. Halloween Night in the Highlands– (TBD)- (Link Here) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
15. Goth Night at Marys– (Thursday Oct. 24th) – It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
16. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Plaza Theatre- TBD) (Link Here)
17. Halloweentown (Oct. 19th 10pm) Click here for info- Please Join the Combined crews of ; ART APOCALYPSE ATLANTA and Secret Partys of Atlanta as we Celebrate the Most Magical Time of Year – !!!!!!!!HALLOWEEN !!!!!!!!! Inside a 2 Story renovated Church with a private Outside Arena Patio of Art, Performance, and Dance, Fashion Show, and Bodypaint Competition by Atlanta Bodypaint , Plus walk directly into the Venue from the Huge fenced and monitored parking lot Next to the buiding .($5 Cash Fee)
20. Evil Dead The Musical– (TBD) – Evil Dead the Musical returns to Out of Box Theatre after a sell-out run for the last two years! Sam Raimi’s cult classic is an “All Guts, All Glory” musical interpretation of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness features songs like “All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Kandarian Demons,” “Ode to an Accidental Stabbing,” and “Do the Necronomicon.” This musical is not for the faint of heart, but is sure to leave your screaming with laughter.
21. 4th Annual Shock & Roll Halloween Extravaganza – Oct. 17th (Click here for info)- Eye Wreckin’ Entertainment presents the 4th Annual Shock & Roll Halloween Extravaganza! You couldn’t ask for a better show than this! Halloween is comin’ for ya’, Atlanta! Make your plans NOW!!!
The Casket Creatures, ELZIG
22. Day of the Dead Festival- Oct. 27th (Click here for info) – Visitors of all ages learn about and experience a Day of the Dead festival. Guests enjoy traditional dancing, crafts and authentic mexican food and entertainment. View a display of altars honoring lost family and friends that are decorated with flowers, food and beverages. Admission is free.
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
Here is a list of my top films of 2018 that I loved and the reviews for each one are underneath. You may agree or disagree. Who cares make your own list or let me know one that I may have missed and I will watch that shit and add it to the list. It was an Okay year for movies. There was some fun stuff and some weird and different ones too. What’s on the list may surprise or you may have never been surprised before in your life. I have learned that your favorite movies of each year are the ones you will watch over and over. Maybe the critics didn’t like it, maybe they seem silly, or maybe you follow the crowd/reviewers. Just be honest with yourself and shit you like blah blah blah. Love what you love. I would watch all these movies again and maybe even again and again. Don’t be a grumpy bitch who says “There are no new ideas anymore in Hollywood” or “Everything sucks” etc. You ain’t cool bitch, or get your ass up and make your own films. Do something new. 🙂 Here they are! Remember my full reviews are underneath each one. Some are still being written.
Hereditary– This movie is incredible. It’s scary and beautiful. The score and acting in it is amazing. It’s my favorite movie of the year.
also this masterpiece! I can’t believe they finally told the story of Ben Trammer. Wow I am floored. You can watch it here for free.
Here are the fun runners-up!
Bumblebee listen this movie is a lot of fun with a teen girl as the lead and the Transformers look the way we wanted them to look. I loved it. Also I hate the Michael Bay Transformer movies. So this was a happy change.
Here is my review for “Slice“. Okay this is the latest movie from A24 Films. So we were all excited to see it. The film starts off with a town full of ghosts. They all work and own houses and order pizza and shit. Then murders start happening and pizzas are being delivered. It’s also supposed to be a comedy I think, but nothing was funny. Eventually Chance the Rapper shows up and is a werewolf with shitty makeup. In the end overacting witches show up and deliver shitty lines. It’s a mess.
Okay I have not wanted to walk out of a movie in years, but after 15 minutes I was like this is the worst movie I have seen on any platform in years. It’s stupid, the acting sucks, the score sucks, the plot sucks, and I hated it. I even suck for watching the whole thing. It just had cheesy and forced jokes non-stop. Eye rolled my eyes so much they got stuck. The ghosts walking around were dumb as fuck. The witches looked like they were ladies from a shitty improv class. Someone once told me “Just because you can, it does not mean you should do”. If you have the money to make a movie it doesn’t mean you should make one. Also this is an A24 Film and they have given us so much. People say “Well it’s A24, so it will be good”. That’s a false statement now. This is like some bootleg ass movie you would see at bad horror film fest. Listen, I make silly or crazy shit too. This is not it. It’s dumb and trash. Don’t watch it, or don’t believe me and watch it. Then say “It’s the worst movie of the year”.
A. Maybe Chance the Rapper signed up and didn’t know? Maybe he can’t act? Who knows, but he looked busted in that cheap THRILLER makeup.
Here is my review for “Love, Simon“. Okay so this is the first big gay Hollywood teen movie. That’s a big deal, it took them until 2018 to make it. The film starts off with a teen named Simon. He is just your average teen but he wants to love dudes. Ya know, make out with them or bang them. Nobody knows he is gay and he is scared shitless about it, because people are assholes and they will beat him up or make fun of him etc. One day Simon finds out that there is another gay dude in his school and he starts emailing him secretly. They don’t know who each other are though. Simon has fantasies about which guy at his school it might be. It’s a like a murder mystery but without anyone getting murdered. Unless murdering that ass counts. In the end Simon has to deal with coming out and how his friends and family will treat him afterwards all while trying to get a date. Also his papers due!
Okay so this movie is great. It really is the first big Hollywood moving about being a gay teen and how hard it is to be gay in High School. It really has all the sort of jokes and characters you would expect in a teen movie, which is fun. Everyone in it really does a great job and you are interested on who they are etc. Nick Robinson really is a star and he has been great in everything I have seen him in. You really believe what he is selling you, and it’s sadness and excitement. If you don’t know what it’s like to be a gay teen then this movie does a good job letting the audience know without being super preachy. They even casted a lot of gay actors to be in the film also. Jennifer Garner has a great speech in the movie about just because you are gay it doesn’t change who you are. It really is a fun and emotional coming of age (out) story. You will enjoy it for sure and also learn some things about how hard it is for gay teens. Go see it! It’s a positive film about being gay, and being in love. That things will work out for gay teens aka LGBT kids.