Me as a Swamp Witch
My name is Eddie Ray, and yes, I am in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA! People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween Kid, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. There is a big difference. I work for its success and break my neck to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months you bitches! When all of you are sitting around by the pool drinking Long Island Ice Teas in the summer, my ass is waiting for the autumn wind to blow to let me know Halloween is near! OK I just want to say that Halloween is not about about the money, it’s about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. True Halloween Kids will always help each other out during Halloween, posers can stay home. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Me as a gangster on left.
HERE IS SOME PROOF THAT I LOVE HALLOWEEN BITCH!
Me interviewed in Atlanta Retro:
Scout Mob ghost hunt with me:
Scout Mob Quija Board with me:
Bumps of me in my Halloween costumes on Adult Swim:
I was interviewed about Halloween:
I was on the news about Halloween:
You can see more Halloween videos that I film on here:
Me as the Green Ghost from Scooby Doo
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
1. Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse - (www.atlantazombie.com): I work in this one, and I play…. well it’s a secret. I do help you fight off zombies in a Return of The Living Dead style horror movie, with clues, parties and pretty ladies!!!! You are literally running for your life and its exciting and scary as hell. Turns out I am really good at this shit. I have done it for 4 years in a row and this is my 5th year. Yes, we are the zombie capital of the world now. It’s a zombie hell in Atlanta! Take a look at the video. This is our 5th year.
There is also an Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse movie that I co-wrote. Here is the trailer. It is at a film festival near you!
2. Chambers of Horror – (www.chambersofhorroratl.com): This was the first haunted attraction I worked in and it’s adult themed, scary, FUCKED UP, and amazing. Check this Rated X haunt out for a good time and maybe a turn on. This is there 6th year!
3. 13 Stories Haunted House- (http://www.13storieshauntedhouse.com): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see.
4. Camp Blood - (www.campblood.com): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
5. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze - (www.uncleshucks.com): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
6. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (http://nightmaresgate.com/) This one I have not been to but I am excited to check out!
7. Haunted Hill House of Horror- (http://www.hauntedhillhouseofhorror.com) The Haunted Hill House of Horror is open every Friday and Saturday night and Halloween night in October. Times are from dusk-11:30 pm. You may also join us for our first annual Great Pumpkin Haunted Festival Sat. Oct. 26, with the most unique vendors, entertainment, zombie contest, food and more. The Festival starts at 11:00 am to 8:00pm with the Haunted House opening right afterward.
8. Fear The Woods- (http://fearthewoods.com ) I have not been to this one. Looks fun.
9. Paranoia Haunted House - (http://www.paranoiahauntedhouse.com) I have not been to this one, but would love to see.
10. Creepers Haunted House - (https://www.facebook.com/CreepersHaunt)- Always a fun ride.
11.Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home and Casket Company- (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Talmadge-Brothers-Funeral-Home-and-Casket-Company/137937482950159) In Jasper GA.
12. Gates of Misery -(http://gatesofmisery.com)- Gates of Misery, formerly Haunting of the Seven Hills, is filled with torture, torment, zombies, and cannibals. See schedule. In Rome, Ga.
13. Scream on the Trail – (http://www.screamonthetrail.com)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version!
Me as Martin the Crow Killer
Now lets talk about fun activities and events:
1. Nightmares Gate Haunted House 2014 Halloween Party - (Sept. 6th) Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/271963949677417/
Being Held on September 6th from 6:00 till Midnight here at Nightmares Gate Haunted House.. 4179 Vansant Rd, Douglasville, Georgia. We are hosting an early Halloween party for all the Halloween/haunted house addicts out there again this year, anyone and everyone welcome!!
2. Drive-Invasion 2014 at Turner Field - (Sept. 6th ) Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/760994733964497/
Drive-Invasion celebrates the American drive-in movie theatre and classic car culture. The all-day festival features The Silverscreen & Gasoline Car Show, Jim Stacyruck Midway, a massive Artist Market, vendors, 12 bands on 2 stages, kids zone and three classic creature features projected onto a 40-foot movie screen
3. MCW Wrestling- (Sept. 12th)- Two of Atlanta’s favorite haunts (Chamber of Horrors and Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse) join forces to create… The Return of MCW! A night of Wrestling Monsters, Zombies, Gore and Horror! Bands, Broads and Booze!!! This event is gna launch the Halloween season Hardcore!!!
4. Anime Weekend Atlanta -(Sept. 26th – 28th) – (http://www.awa-con.com)- is a four-day Japanese Animation and comics convention held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Go get your costumes there!
5. Georgia State Fair - (Sept. 26th - Oct. 5th) – (http://www.georgiastatefair.org) – See you at the State Fair!
6. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival- (Sept. 26th – Oct 26th- Friday and Sat. only) - (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/events/Pumpkin-Festival.aspx) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
7. Atlanta Zombie Walk- (Oct 26th 2pm) – (www.facebook.com/groups/ZombieWalkAtlanta): Over 800 people get together and dress up as zombies and roam the streets of Atlanta and scare the hell out of people for the day! This event is a fuckin BLAST. I have had the honor of leading it 3 years in a row. Watch this video to see all the fun.
8. Walker Stalker Con- Oct. 17th- 19th (http://www.walkerstalkercon.com)
9. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour- (Oct. 17th – Oct. 25th)- (http://www.oaklandcemetery.com/?event=capturing-the-spirit-of-oakland-halloween-tour-2014). Take a look at a video.
10. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade - (Sat. Oct. 18th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
11. Halloween Bar Crawls- (Oct. 24th- 31st).
12. Halloween at the museum- (Sat. Oct. 25th)- (http://www.fernbankmuseum.org/calendar-of-events/fernbank-boo-seum-trick-or-treat/) Follow the screams of excitment to Fernbank BOO-seum for a day of frightening-ly fun Halloween-themed activities including treats for kids in costume, games, music and more.
13. Spiralween party- (Sat. Oct . 25th)- (https://www.facebook.com/events/632574963449157/)- Get ready for the longest running, most sinister, shameful, supernaturally sexy Halloween Costume Party in Atlanta. We’re shaking it up this year with DJs all night long, featuring DJ Mami Chula from Power 96.1….yowzers!
14. Owl O’Ween Hot-air-balloon festival - (Sat. Oct. 25th and 26th)- (http://owl-o-ween.com)- features balloon rides, balloon glows, trick-or-treating, food, beer tents, vendors, and entertainers at Kennesaw State University.
15. Halloween martini party- (Oct. 25th) - (http://www.fernbankmuseum.org/calendar-of-events/martinis-imax-fright-night-2013/) - Enjoy live music, drinks, a costume contest, and movies at Martinis & IMAX Fright Night for adults at Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
16. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party- (Oct. 17th, 24th, 30th, 31st)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
17. Boo at the Zoo -(Weekends in Oct.)- (http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/article_content/boo_this_weekend#cY8Og) Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns
18. The Phantom of the Opera - (October 22, 2014 – November 2, 2014) (http://www.foxtheatre.org)- at the Fox.
19. Six Flags Horror Nights- (Sept. 27th – Nov. 2nd) – (https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/festival/fright-fest) Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!!
20. Rocky Horror Halloween Special Show- (Friday Oct. 31st) – (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232166711/) ummmm It’s Rocky Horror but Halloween style!
The Rocky Horror Picture Show with live cast! 10/31 – 9 pm show and Midnight and 11/1 — Saturday at midnight .
Special Prizes and Lips Down On Dixie performs live at all 3 shows . All tickets $15.00 Dress your best costume !
21. Halloween at Callanwolde- (Oct. 31st) - (http://callanwolde.org/event/halloween-night-callanwolde-mountain/) - Halloween Night on Callanwolde Mountain includes trick or treating, a family-friendly costume contest, a concert band playing spooky music, and food trucks.
22. Monster Bash- (Nov. 1st)- Come to the biggest Halloween party in Atlanta at Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse - (www.atlantazombie.com). Dance Party, bands, and movies in a haunted attraction.
23. Buried Alive Film Festival - (Nov. 26th and 27th) -(buriedalivefilmfest.com) Are you a local horror film maker? Well I am and I am always a part of the Buried Alive Film Festival. You should be too! It’s a blast to see all the horror that Atlanta has to offer.
Where to get makeup and costumes!
1. Norcostco Atlanta Costume - (https://www.facebook.com/norcostco.costume)
2. Costumes Etc. – (http://www.costumes-etc.com)
3. Eddie’s Trick Shop- (http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/)
4. Sprit Halloween- (http://www.spirithalloween.com)
5. Halloween Headquarters- (http://atlhalloweenhq.com)
What’s coming soon to a theater near you!
Sept. 5th The Green Inferno
Sept. 12th At the Devil’s Door
Sept. 19th The Guest, Tusk
Oct. 2nd ABCs of Death 2 (On demand)
Oct. 3rd Annabelle
Oct. 17th Dracula Untold
Oct. 24th Ouija
Oct. 31st Horns
What’s coming out on Blu Ray.
Sept. 2nd- Dracula (1979), Casper, Firestarter, Creature from Black Lagoon, Dracula (1931), The Mummy (1932), White Noise, The Invisible Man, Wolf Man, Phantom of the Opera
Sept. 9th- Prom Night, Pumpkin Head, Graduation Day, Addams Family- Movie, Flowers in the Attic
Sept. 16th - Godzilla, Ghostbusters 4k, From Dusk Til Dawn Season 1
Sept. 23rd -Halloween The Complete Collection, Exorcist Complete Anthology, Stage Fright
Oct. 7th - Bates Motel Season 2
Oct. 14th - Dracula: Season 1
Oct. 21st- Pumpkinhead 2, The Squad, Vincent Price Collection
Oct. 28th- Nightbreed, Squirm
Me as Afro Demon
Now lets talk about what’s fun to watch in October.
1. Halloween (1978) - The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)- A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat- This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) - A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil- This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
6. The Return of the Living Dead- The best zombie movie ever made, and some of my favorite dialogue in film period. Amazing soundtrack too.
7. Hellraiser- Humans are the bad guys in this amazing horror love story. Watch it for the love or the gore.
8. The Conjuring- This haunted house movie is spooky as fuck. Check it out on a dark Halloween night.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master- My favorite of the Freddy/ Nightmare films. The teens are BLEEPIN incredible in this film, and you will wish you could hang with Freddy when it’s over.
10. The Descent- This film made me jump twice. I don’t ever jump in movies. The plot is simple and brilliant and gave me a panic attack. Watch this film with all the lights off.
Here’s a list of kids Halloween movies:
1. The Halloween Tree - Learn about the season of Halloween in this kids adventure written by Ray Bradbury.
2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown- Ummm its Charlie Brown.
3. The Fat Albert Halloween Special- I LOVE FAT ALBERT!
4. ParaNorman- A fun and relevant movie about being different, zombies, ghosts, and witches. It’s incredible.
5.. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad- This film feels like Halloween.
6. Monster House- Kid creepy and fun.
7. Mad Monster Party?- Party with monsters that have the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.
How about some spooky scores to scare the neighbors with or to chill with:
1. “The Fog” music by John Carpenter- This music will scare any trick or treater.
2. “Poltergeist” music by Jerry Goldsmith- Carol Anne’s theme is the ultimate spooky jam. One of Jerry’s best scores.
3. “Amityville Horror” music by Lalo Schifrin- Horror music based on a true story. Count me in.
4. “Halloween” music by John Carpenter- You can never go wrong with Carpenter cuts.
5. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” music by Charles Bernstein- When I was kid this score was playing in a line at Six Flags and scared the hell out of me. Shut up it was dark!
6. “The Grudge” music by Christopher Young- This is moody, creepy and eery.
7. “The Conjuring” music by Joseph Bishara- This shit is scary as fuck.
Me as It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Bitch