I hope you enjoy my new short film.
Here is my review for “31“. Okay so I have liked all of Rob Zombie‘s movies “House of 1000 Corpses“, “The Devil’s Rejects” even “Halloween” 2007, “Halloween II” 2009, and “The Lords of Salem” so I was excited to see this movie.
It starts off in the 70’s with some carnival workers driving across country on Halloween. They pull over to move some shit off the road and get kidnapped by some crazy people and taken to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere. There they are forced to play a game call “31” that is ran by Malcolm McDowell. Basically Battle Royale/Hunger Games/Running Man but on Halloween. The Halloween part is kinda of left behind at this point though. Sheri Moon is fighting for her life with a few others try to stay alive from a bunch of bad guys who seemed really forced and trying hard to be evil. I love over-the-top characters too and these characters were really just silly to me and their lines had me rolling my eyes. Rob Zombie’s other movies did not make me roll my eyes either in case you are wondering. In the end who will survive 31 and who cares if anyone does including me. Kill me too.
Okay I was really disappointed in this movie because like I said I like Rob’s other movies that he has made. So it sucks to say that shit. We have seen this film in 10 other movies that have been made since the 90’s. The difference is, is that it is on Halloween. Well “Halloween” is barely in it. So fuck that. Everything just seemed 1o years to late and so forced and cheesy. The dialogue was just sad and not witty and smart like his other films or any film for that matter. When characters in his other films said some cold and evil shit, you felt empty hearing it. This you felt nothing but “Seriously”. I just feel sad writing this review really. Even stylistically it’s a mess, the slow motion and freeze frames seem so out-of-place in this movie. I was honestly bored through most of it. I mean “The Devil’s Rejects” is an amazing film. Everything about it blows my mind. This film just looks like a rushed mess. I would wait for Netflix and watch it and then go watch one of his other films right after it so you will still like him as a Director. Sorry Rob I still love you, but this jam was weak.
A. Malcolm McDowell is back, but I didn’t like him in this movie.
B. Cute but not cute enough.
C. I love Sheri Moon Zombie but in this movie she looked like she was not having fun.
D. I wish there was more Halloween in a movie called 31 about Halloween.
E. He got on my nerves.
G. It makes me sad that I was disappointed in this. I have loved all his movies but this one was just a mess and a let down. Rob I still love you and art is hard to make.
H. This poster looks fun at least.
Here are some fun songs that are Horror and Halloween themed that have a good beat and you can dance to. What am I missing?
1. Shakira- She Wolf
2. Whodini- Freaks Come Out A Night
3. Micheal Jackson- Thriller
4. She Wants Revenge- Tear You Apart
5.Oingo Boingo- Weird Science
6. Ramones- Pet Cemetery
7. Prom Night
8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show- Sweet Transvestite
9. Julian Winding- The Neon Demon
10. Q Lazarus- Goodbye Horses
11. Alicia Bridges- I love the nightlife
12. Lost Boys- Lost in the Shadows
13. 45 Grave- Do you Wanna Party
14. Kula Shaker- Hush- I Know What You Did Last Summer
15. Pseudo Echo -His Eyes- Friday the 13th part 5
16. Mark Ronson- Get Ghost- Ghostbusters
17. Will Smith- Nightmare on My Street
18. Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
19. Ray Parker Jr.- Ghostbusters
20. Gnarls Barkley- Boogie Monster
21. Don’t Let Go- Creepshow
Here is my review for the “Blair Witch” or what was called “The Woods” cuz they tried to trick us! YES!!!!!!! This is the sequel to “The Blair Witch Project” (1999) which I loved. It was simple and effective and scary. Now we are watching the sequel directed by Adam Wingard (The Guest, You’re Next, V/H/S -segment “Tape 56”, V/H/S/2 -segment “Phase I Clinical Trials”, Death Note) and written by Simon Barrett (Same stuff as Adam).
Okay so it’s been 17 years since the last Blair Witch tapes were found and a new tape was found with a short clip on it. It shows the reflection of someone running through that old creepy ass witch house from part 1. It looks like Heather from the first film also. Heather’s brother James sees that shit online and gets his crew together to go back to those woods to go look for his sister Heather. Maybe she been hiding for 17 years or taking a nap or some shit. So now with 2016 tech like cell phones, GPS, Drones, and attitude they all go back to the Blair Witch woods to look for his long-lost sister. On the way there they pick up the couple who found the new tapes so they can show them where they found the tapes. Now they are out in the thick of the woods and they start hearing shit that sounds like a T-Rex stomping around. Maybe it’s a giant ass witch! More shit starts popping off and tents start flying. In the end the Blair Witch shows up and everyone is running and screaming and they end up in a witch hole.
Okay so this movie was a lot of fun, scary, and the last 15 minutes were pretty tense when she was in that witch hole. I’m claustrophobic as fuck. If you loved the first Blair Witch movie you will enjoy watching the continuation of the story. The characters are memorable and likable, even though you miss Heather from the first movie. In some ways it feels like a remake, but it’s still cool enough to be a sequel. There are some interesting new scary things in the film and a few small twists here and there. You will want to go to the woods and get fucked by a witch. I mean they didn’t reinvent the fuckin first movie but they had fun with it. I love the concept of the Blair Witch so it was cool to see them in those woods again and her fuck with them. The first movie is obviously better and scarier because you didn’t know anything that was going on in that one. This one is strictly for fun and scares. There is some weird ass time travel stuff in this one but honestly I am okay with that and it not being explained well. I like they hint at shit with it and not tell you everything. The witch definitely popped off more in this one. She was stronger and more pissed off for sure, but I’m cool with that. Let’s party.
My only real problem was how it was filmed. Found footage has changed. People don’t film like it’s 1999 anymore. People know how to hold a camera steady. Literally everyone on Earth has camera on them now and they know how to use that shit. So unless you are running and screaming while you are filming shit or you are doing a cart-wheel bitch then hold the camera steady. We know it’s found footage bitch! Stop selling it. I also loved that kept that it was a Blair Witch movie a secret for so long. We all thought it was a movie called “The Woods” forever. That was fun.
If you want to see some nostalgic horror fun in the woods this is the cut for you. I had a good time watching it and reliving the Blair Witch scares! Is it the best horror movie of the year? No, but it’s a spooky good time and it will make you want to go camping and die. If you were 16 when the first Blair Witch movie came out and it scared you because you were younger and now it’s 17 years later and you are bitter and jaded and hate horror movies now because nothing is scary anymore because you old and busted then this is not for you. Look in the mirror and the real horror movie will begin bitch.
A. She looked scared as fuck at the end of the movie. She looked totally fucked up.
B. Adam and Simon do a good job with make things scary and cohesive. They didn’t make anything original but looked like they had fun making it. My biggest complaint is that it was filmed like it was 1999 or 1989. Meaning people don’t film like they used to. Found footage is different now. People literally film shit every day in 2000’s. It’s 2016 people have a camera on them daily now. They know how to keep shit steady. I get it when they are running around and shit but when they are just standing there, the camera is all over the place like they just picked up a fuckin camera for the first time and can’t work it. NO. It’s 2016 we can all film shit now. We know how to get that shot bitch! Look at everyone’s fuckin shitty ass instagrams. Everyone is literally a filmmaker now. Your mom probably has film at this point. So don’t give me this shaky camera shit like it’s 1989 or some shit. The “Paranormal Activity” films are found footage and their characters know how to film shit cuz it’s the 2000’s. So cut the shit. Also in between scenes there are these loud scratchy ass glitches so that we would know that we were watching found footage. We get it bitch we know! Cut that shit out. If someone found this footage and edited it for us to see they would have edited that shit out right? You are just irritating your audience honestly. Stop bitch!
C. The music was by Adam Wingard, it was just background noises and shit but that’s what it needs to be. So good job bitch. Here is a sample. Honestly get it for your yard to play during Halloween or for when you have sex or whatever.
D. She gave it to you here. Hahahaha Look At her fuckin face!
E. Heather’s brother James should have stayed home and said fuck her.
F. I miss Heather and her shitty 90’s hat from part 1.
G. We made Blair Witch sticks to get in the spirit of things.
Then the Blair Witch liked that shit!
H. There were some giant Blair sticks in this one.
I. At one point they gave you that “Raiders of the Lost Ark” shit. Don’t look at the shit or it will kill you. Aka Medusa. Keep your eyes closed to horror. Shitttttt!
J. I LOVE THE POSTERS! Here is the The Woods poster, then when they released it as The Blair Witch.
Me as It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Bitch!
My name is Eddie Ray and I’m in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA! People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween Bitch, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. There is a big difference. I work for its success and break my ass to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months you bitch! When all of you are sitting around by the pool drinking Long Island Ice Teas in the summer, my ass is waiting for the autumn wind to blow to let me know Halloween is near! Okay I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay, trans, or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. True Halloween Kids will always help each other out during Halloween, posers can stay home. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
HERE IS SOME PROOF THAT I LOVE HALLOWEEN BITCH!
Me interviewed in Atlanta Retro:
Scout Mob ghost hunt with me:
Scout Mob Quija Board with me:
Bumps of me in my Halloween costumes on Adult Swim:
I was interviewed about Halloween:
I was on the news about Halloween:
You can see more Halloween videos that I film on here:
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it bitch!
Also we made a film about it:
1. Chambers of Horror – (www.chambersofhorroratl.com): CLOSED this year, but will be open next year.
2. 13 Stories Haunted House– (http://www.13storieshauntedhouse.com): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see. We went to the new location this year and you are blindfolded and licked and felt up! I was so happy.
3. Camp Blood – (www.campblood.com): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
4. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (www.uncleshucks.com): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
5. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (http://nightmaresgate.com/) I have been and it is a lot of fun. They even make you crawl. Panic Attack! So fun!
6. Sinister Suites– (http://sinistersuites.com) – Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
7. Fear The Woods- (http://fearthewoods.com ) I have not been to this one. Looks fun.
8. Paranoia Haunted House – (http://www.paranoiahauntedhouse.com) I have not been to this one, but would love to see.
11. Scream on the Trail – (http://www.screamonthetrail.com)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version! This one was creepy cuz it was somebodies house and yard I thought they were going to really kill us.
12. Bloodwood Trail– (http://www.bloodwoodtrail.com)- 196 Painter Rd. Rome Ga, 30165.
13. Containment Hiram Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/containmenthiram?fref=ts) 52 Railroad St Hiram, Georgia.
14. Folklore Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/folklorehauntedhouse?fref=ts)- 5389 N Main St, Acworth, Georgia.
Now lets talk about fun activities and events:
1. Anime Weekend Atlanta -(Sept. 29th – Oct.2nd) – (http://www.awa-con.com)- is a four-day Japanese Animation and comics convention held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Go get your costumes there!
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 30th – Oct 30th- Friday through Sunday only) – http://www.stonemountainpark.com/events/Pumpkin-Festival.aspx) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
4. Atlanta Zombie Walk 11th year– (TBD) – (www.facebook.com/groups/ZombieWalkAtlanta): Here is the invite also (https://www.facebook.com/events/1144511292243151/) Over 800 people get together and dress up as zombies and roam the streets of Atlanta and scare the hell out of people for the day! This event is a fuckin BLAST. I have had the honor of leading it 3 years in a row. Watch this video to see all the fun.
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 28th- Oct. 30th (http://www.walkerstalkercon.com) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (TBD)- (TBD). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 15th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank BOO-seum (Sat. Oct. 29th)- (http://www.fernbankmuseum.org/visit/calendar-of-events/fernbank-boo-seum-trick-or-treat/) Follow the screams of excitment to Fernbank BOO-seum for a day of frightening-ly fun Halloween-themed activities including treats for kids in costume, games, music and more.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party– (Friday Oct. 28th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Boo at the Zoo –(Weekends in Oct.)- (http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/article_content/boo_this_weekend#cY8Og) Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns
11. Monsterama – (October 7th-9th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
12. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 24th – Oct. 31st) – (https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/festival/fright-fest) Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!!
13. Scary Party 6 Midtown Barcrawl- (Oct. 28th 7:00pm) – (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/scary-party-6-midtown/) Last year 3000+ brave souls came out to Midtown Atlanta largest Halloween bash! Halloween Fun comes to Midtown the night before Halloween! You will not want to miss this event!
14. Halloween Night in the Highlands 5– (Oct. 29th 6:00ppm)- (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/halloween-night-in-the-highlands-5/) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
15. Plaza Theater Screening- TBD
16. Scoutmob presents HALLOWEEN 2016-TBD
17. Goth Night at Marys– (TBD) ()- It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
18. SHALLOWEEN– (Sat. Oct. 29th 10pm) (https://www.facebook.com/events/147028852416345/) – Legendary Children ATL is back for a Shalloween to remember – featuring freaky drag terror, CHRISTEENE. ICYMI, Christeene is a self-described “human pissoire of raw unabashed sexuality; a gender-blending, booty-pounding, perversion of punk fully equipped with an arsenal of ferocious music intertwined with raw moments of strained intimacy and fiery stank.” Spooky Sounds By: FATHERFANNIE, DJ King Atlas. We’ve also got special performances by our Savannah swamp sisters, The House of Gunt. COULD THIS GET ANY WEIRDER?
and Michael Robinson!
19. Monsters of Mock– (Friday Oct. 28th 8pm)- Monsters of Mock: Halloween Hysteria starring Stephen Skipper’s Rolling Stones Tribute Van Heineken (Van Halen) and OC/DC (AC/DC) Hosted by Professor Morte of the Silver Scream Spookshow!
Live DJ Dance Party featuring music spun by DJ Dusty Booze! Costume Contest with Prizes!
20. “Spring Break Zombie Massacre”Atlanta Movie Premiere- (Plaza Theatre Oct. 21st 7:00pm) http://samandmattieatl.brownpapertickets.com
21. A Halloween Weekend Spectacular– Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Movie with Orchestra Live. (Friday Oct.28 and Sat. oct. 29th at 8:00pm) Watch Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas while the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performs the soundtrack live. Cosplay Encouraged!
22. Halloween 2016 Presented by Scoutmob! – (Friday oct. 28th, 8pm at Ponce City Market). Last year we had a lot of fun, but it being a Ponce City Market expect a lot of rules on the fun.
For our 6th annual Halloween bash, we’re taking it to the next level, literally. This year, we’re bringing a horde of haunting installations, interactions and performances from notable Atlanta artists to the 2nd floor of Ponce City Market. You can expect all things eerie and ethereal, such as an immersive Beetlejuice-esque light sculpture, a chapel of doom where the dead will wed, macabre fairground attractions, and a few extra surprises in our first ever VIP Late Night Lounge, hosted by The Mercury. Grab libations from Bulleit, Tito’s, and Wild Heaven, and prepare to get your shriek on. (http://handpickedatlanta.com/atlanta/hand-picked/scoutmob-halloween-party-2016-hand-picked-atlanta-ponce-city-market?app=1&email=eddie.ray66%40gmail.com&p=2014&referrer=email_hp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=2016-10-03+atl+scoutmob+halloween+party+ponce+city+market+titos+bulleit)
23. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Plaza Theatre) (Fri. 21st Midnight, Fri. 28th Midnight, Saturday 29th at 9pm/Midnight) https://www.facebook.com/lipsdownondixie/?fref=ts
Where to get makeup and costumes!
1. Norcostco Atlanta Costume – (https://www.facebook.com/norcostco.costume)
2. Costumes Etc. – (http://www.costumes-etc.com)
3. Eddie’s Trick Shop- (http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/)
4. Sprit Halloween- (http://www.spirithalloween.com)
5. Halloween Headquarters- (http://atlhalloweenhq.com)
6. Halloween Express- (http://www.halloweenexpress.com)
What’s coming soon to a theater near you!
Sept. 2nd- Morgan
Sept. 9th- When the Bough Breaks, Demon
Sept. 16th- Blairwitch
Sept. 30th – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Oct. 9th –Friend Request
Oct.28th – Rings, The Love Witch
What’s coming to TV/TCM all month thanks to my good friend Millie De Chirico!
BE SURE TO clear some space on your DVR as October approaches. Turner Classic Movies has gathered at least 121 titles for this year’s month-long Halloween festival of fear! As always, it’s a great mix of classics, obscurities, and surprises, all carefully curated and programmed film-festival style. Here’s a handy overview of this year’s movies by grouping and date. Check TCM.com for more information on the titles, as well as specific air times in your time zone. Link to the list
What’s coming out on Blu Ray.
Also find all your horror need at http://body-count.net
Sept. 13th- The Conjuring 2
Sept. 20th – It, Cat’s Eye, Salem’s Lot.
Sept. 27th – An American Werewolf in London, Chopping Mall, Blood Diner, Slugs, Lady in White, Haunted Honeymoon
Oct. 4th -The Purge 3
Oct. 11th– The Thing, Carrie
Oct. 18th– Waxwork 1 & 2, Childsplay
Oct. 25th-Exorcist 3
Now lets talk about what’s fun to watch in October.
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
6. The Return of the Living Dead– The best zombie movie ever made, and some of my favorite dialogue in film period. Amazing soundtrack too.
7. Hellraiser– Humans are the bad guys in this amazing horror love story. Watch it for the love or the gore.
8. The Conjuring– This haunted house movie is spooky as fuck. Check it out on a dark Halloween night.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master– My favorite of the Freddy/ Nightmare films. The teens are BLEEPIN incredible in this film, and you will wish you could hang with Freddy when it’s over.
10. The Descent– This film made me jump twice. I don’t ever jump in movies. The plot is simple and brilliant and gave me a panic attack. Watch this film with all the lights off.
Here’s a list of kids Halloween movies:
1. The Halloween Tree – Learn about the season of Halloween in this kids adventure written by Ray Bradbury.
2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– Ummm its Charlie Brown.
3. The Fat Albert Halloween Special– I LOVE FAT ALBERT!
4. ParaNorman– A fun and relevant movie about being different, zombies, ghosts, and witches. It’s incredible.
5.. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad– This film feels like Halloween.
6. Monster House– Kid creepy and fun.
7. Mad Monster Party?– Party with monsters that have the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.
How about some spooky scores to scare the neighbors with or to chill with:
1. “The Fog” music by John Carpenter– This music will scare any trick or treater.
2. “Poltergeist” music by Jerry Goldsmith– Carol Anne’s theme is the ultimate spooky jam. One of Jerry’s best scores.
3. “Amityville Horror” music by Lalo Schifrin– Horror music based on a true story. Count me in.
4. “Halloween” music by John Carpenter– You can never go wrong with Carpenter cuts.
5. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” music by Charles Bernstein– When I was kid this score was playing in a line at Six Flags and scared the hell out of me. Shut up it was dark!
6. “It Follows” music by Rich Vreeland– This is electronic gold, and it’s an amazing throw back to Carpenter and Bernstein.
7. “The Conjuring” music by Joseph Bishara– This shit is scary as fuck.
Here is my review for “Kubo and the Two Strings“. Okay I loved the other 3 movies that Laika Films (Coraline, ParaNorman, and The Boxtrolls) has made. Their films are not just amazing visually, but their stories are original and the characters feel real and current. They are all a must see and should win Oscars even though they are overlooked as fuck!
Okay so this story is about a boy named Kubo and his mother. Kubo has one eye because his Grandfather snatched it from him when he was born. His father was killed trying to protect him and his mother hid him from his evil Grandfather and Aunts. Kubo and his mother are magical but can never go out at night because his Grandfather will see him and come and get his other eye and take him away. Eventually the shit hits the fan and Kubo is on the run and hooks up with monkey and a Beetle soldier and they go in search of magical armor to fight his Grandfather and those Witch Aunts. In the end we learn about life, death and reincarnation aka Buddhism.
Okay so this movie was amazing! I loved it. The stop motion animation is fucking nuts. It looks so incredible and real that it might make you go blind. When you see the making of it and how much work went into it, it will make you want to kill yourself. The characters and dialogue are honest and so lifelike and they do such a good job not making it just for kids, but just making a great and interesting movie that transcends age. The story is fresh because it is fucked up. A one-eyed kid dealing with death, reincarnation, and a non-christian story that is Japanese. All this is amazing to me. How they are teaching people about Buddhism and the concepts that revolve around life and death and rebirth. That’s incredible too. We have seen “Narnia” and that Jesus lion tale a million times. There are more stories, cultures and ideas in the world. Show them and tell them. I’m glad they did with this film. I just wished they would have used more Asian voice actors in the lead roles. Yes, I get they need star power to sell the movie on talk shows and shit. Charlize Theron, Matthew McConaughey, Ralph Fiennes and Art Parkinson can do that I guess, but the movie is about characters in Japan, so shouldn’t they be Japanese. It’s all disappointing and yet makes senses in a way I suppose. Money talks and everything else walks I guess. The supporting cast is Asian though, Cary-Hiroyuki Tarawa, Mine Noji, Alpha Takahashi, Laura Miro, George Takei, Ken Takemoto, Aaron Aoki, Michael Sun Lee, Thomas Isao Morinaka and Rachel Morihiro are all in it. So that is great so I am letting it slide. The world is not what we want it to be but it’s moving that way and this story is too.
But you need to see it and it needs to win Oscars. It’s animation and story telling at it’s best. See it! You will love it and want to own it.
A. Art Parkinson plays Kubo. He is an interesting and cool character.
Here is a pic of the kid who plays him, Art.
B. The story holds your interest the whole time because it’s honest, violent, and real. Also what’s great is that we get to see an animated story without christianity mixed in, but rather buddhism. The movie has a buddhist setting and the way they portray life, death and the afterlife contrasts the way Westerners/America usually portrays these things in films, especially animated ones for kids Aka Charlie Brown and Narnia etc. The Director Travis Knight also has a Buddhist family.
There are estimated to be 488 million Buddhists in the world.
C. Charlize Theron plays the monkey. I love her and she is serious and real as fuck.
D. The Aunts/Sisters are amazing. I love their look and attitude.
E. George Takei was also a voice in the movie. He was great but his role was small.
Here is a the music video for “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” by Regina Spektor. It was the end credit song. I love this version.
G. Take a look at the making of the movie. It is fuckin nuts!!!!!!!!!! THE STOP MOTION IS AMAZING!
H. The poster and art for the movie is amazing.
Here is my review for “Star Trek Beyond“. The Enterprise is back and they are bored as fuck! They have been out to space driving around for a few years exploring, but like any job shit gets old. This is beginning of the new movie and it feels real and honest, which I loved. Meanwhile the characters seem over it and not excited to be in space, so they decide to park at a big ass space station to chill for a minute. While they are there and Sulu is visiting his husband and daughter they get a distress call. So they go to investigate, while trying to help the bad aliens show and whip their asses star stupid and they are stranded on a planet and the race is on to figure shit out with the aliens and each other. Then get off the planet and save the universe.
Okay so I love the cast to these new Star Trek films and all 3 have been fun and action packed and emotional. I really hope they keep making more of these with this cast. A lot of this movie takes place on a planet but that is interesting because we are so used this cast being on a ship. It’s more like the TV show. I like that too. It’s different for the films. The ship blows up in this one just like in the old Star Trek 3, which is also great. I like how similar things happen in the new movies that happened in the old movies. I also liked how they paired the cast up and separated them, so that we could get to know their characters better. Also how they are changing their dynamics because history is altered now. Like Sulu being gay and having a husband and daughter. Which is about time really. They did a good making Kirk and Spock look bored with their jobs and space travel. Shit work is boring sometimes. Don’t get me wrong there are some weak points here and there in the film. Idris Elba seemed out-of-place while in makeup then when it came off he sold the shit out of it. I enjoyed watching it and I will buy it when it comes out on Blu Ray. So if you love action, adventure, Sulu gay, The Beastie Boys, and the Star Trek Universe then check this shit out. You will dig it. I wish they had a big dance off at the end.
B. Rihanna made this song and video for the movie. It’s cute.
C. Justin Lin directed this one. He did a good job and it was different and fun.
D. John Cho is great in these movie and I’m glad they are branching his character out and making him gay with a husband and child. It makes sense.
E. Anton Yelchin is awesome in this movie and every movie he was in. He will be missed. Here is an article about his death.
F. Michael Giacchino is brilliant. I love him. Listen here.
G. I do love this poster too and it’s modeled after an old one.
I. Beastie Boys- The theme song for all 3 new Star Trek movies.
J. I love this poster.