Me as It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Bitch!
My name is Eddie Ray and I’m in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA! People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween Bitch, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. There is a big difference. I work for its success and break my ass to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months you bitch! When all of you are sitting around by the pool drinking Long Island Ice Teas in the summer, my ass is waiting for the autumn wind to blow to let me know Halloween is near! Okay I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay, trans, or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. True Halloween Kids will always help each other out during Halloween, posers can stay home. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Me as a gangster on left.
HERE IS SOME PROOF THAT I LOVE HALLOWEEN BITCH!
Me interviewed in Atlanta Retro:
Scout Mob ghost hunt with me:
Scout Mob Quija Board with me:
Bumps of me in my Halloween costumes on Adult Swim:
I was interviewed about Halloween:
I was on the news about Halloween:
You can see more Halloween videos that I film on here:
Me as the Green Ghost from Scooby Doo
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it bitch!
Also we made a film about it:
1. Chambers of Horror – (www.chambersofhorroratl.com): CLOSED this year, but will be open next year.
2. 13 Stories Haunted House– (http://www.13storieshauntedhouse.com): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see. We went to the new location this year and you are blindfolded and licked and felt up! I was so happy.
3. Camp Blood – (www.campblood.com): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
4. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (www.uncleshucks.com): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
5. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (http://nightmaresgate.com/) I have been and it is a lot of fun. They even make you crawl. Panic Attack! So fun!
6. Sinister Suites– (http://sinistersuites.com) – Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
7. Fear The Woods- (http://fearthewoods.com ) I have not been to this one. Looks fun.
8. Paranoia Haunted House – (http://www.paranoiahauntedhouse.com) I have not been to this one, but would love to see.
9.Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home and Casket Company– (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Talmadge-Brothers-Funeral-Home-and-Casket-Company/137937482950159) In Jasper GA.
10. Gates of Misery –(http://gatesofmisery.com)- Gates of Misery, formerly Haunting of the Seven Hills, is filled with torture, torment, zombies, and cannibals. See schedule. In Rome, Ga.
11. Scream on the Trail – (http://www.screamonthetrail.com)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version! This one was creepy cuz it was somebodies house and yard I thought they were going to really kill us.
12. Bloodwood Trail– (http://www.bloodwoodtrail.com)- 196 Painter Rd. Rome Ga, 30165.
13. Containment Hiram Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/containmenthiram?fref=ts) 52 Railroad St Hiram, Georgia.
14. Folklore Haunted House– (https://www.facebook.com/folklorehauntedhouse?fref=ts)- 5389 N Main St, Acworth, Georgia.
Me as Martin the Crow Killer
Now lets talk about fun activities and events:
1. Anime Weekend Atlanta -(Sept. 29th – Oct.2nd) – (http://www.awa-con.com)- is a four-day Japanese Animation and comics convention held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Go get your costumes there!
2. Georgia State Fair – (Sept. 30th- Oct.9th) – (http://www.georgiastatefair.org) – See you at the State Fair!
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 30th – Oct 30th- Friday through Sunday only) – http://www.stonemountainpark.com/events/Pumpkin-Festival.aspx) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
4. Atlanta Zombie Walk 11th year– (TBD) – (www.facebook.com/groups/ZombieWalkAtlanta): Here is the invite also (https://www.facebook.com/events/1144511292243151/) Over 800 people get together and dress up as zombies and roam the streets of Atlanta and scare the hell out of people for the day! This event is a fuckin BLAST. I have had the honor of leading it 3 years in a row. Watch this video to see all the fun.
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 28th- Oct. 30th (http://www.walkerstalkercon.com) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (TBD)- (TBD). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 15th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank BOO-seum (Sat. Oct. 29th)- (http://www.fernbankmuseum.org/visit/calendar-of-events/fernbank-boo-seum-trick-or-treat/) Follow the screams of excitment to Fernbank BOO-seum for a day of frightening-ly fun Halloween-themed activities including treats for kids in costume, games, music and more.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party– (Friday Oct. 28th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Boo at the Zoo –(Weekends in Oct.)- (http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/article_content/boo_this_weekend#cY8Og) Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns
11. Monsterama – (October 7th-9th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
12. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 24th – Oct. 31st) – (https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/festival/fright-fest) Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!!
13. Scary Party 6 Midtown Barcrawl- (Oct. 28th 7:00pm) – (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/scary-party-6-midtown/) Last year 3000+ brave souls came out to Midtown Atlanta largest Halloween bash! Halloween Fun comes to Midtown the night before Halloween! You will not want to miss this event!
14. Halloween Night in the Highlands 5– (Oct. 29th 6:00ppm)- (http://www.atlantabartours.com/events/event/halloween-night-in-the-highlands-5/) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
15. Plaza Theater Screening- TBD
16. Scoutmob presents HALLOWEEN 2016-TBD
17. Goth Night at Marys– (TBD) ()- It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
18. SHALLOWEEN– (Sat. Oct. 29th 10pm) (https://www.facebook.com/events/147028852416345/) – Legendary Children ATL is back for a Shalloween to remember – featuring freaky drag terror, CHRISTEENE. ICYMI, Christeene is a self-described “human pissoire of raw unabashed sexuality; a gender-blending, booty-pounding, perversion of punk fully equipped with an arsenal of ferocious music intertwined with raw moments of strained intimacy and fiery stank.” Spooky Sounds By: FATHERFANNIE, DJ King Atlas. We’ve also got special performances by our Savannah swamp sisters, The House of Gunt. COULD THIS GET ANY WEIRDER?
and Michael Robinson!
19. Monsters of Mock– (Friday Oct. 28th 8pm)- Monsters of Mock: Halloween Hysteria starring Stephen Skipper’s Rolling Stones Tribute Van Heineken (Van Halen) and OC/DC (AC/DC) Hosted by Professor Morte of the Silver Scream Spookshow!
Live DJ Dance Party featuring music spun by DJ Dusty Booze! Costume Contest with Prizes!
Me as a Swamp Witch
Where to get makeup and costumes!
1. Norcostco Atlanta Costume – (https://www.facebook.com/norcostco.costume)
2. Costumes Etc. – (http://www.costumes-etc.com)
3. Eddie’s Trick Shop- (http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/)
4. Sprit Halloween- (http://www.spirithalloween.com)
5. Halloween Headquarters- (http://atlhalloweenhq.com)
6. Halloween Express- (http://www.halloweenexpress.com)
What’s coming soon to a theater near you!
Sept. 2nd- Morgan
Sept. 9th- When the Bough Breaks, Demon
Sept. 16th- Blairwitch
Sept. 30th – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Oct. 9th –Friend Request
Oct. 21st- Boo! A Madea Halloween, A Monster Calls, Ouija: Origin of Evil, 31
Oct.28th – Rings, The Love Witch
What’s coming out on Blu Ray.
Also find all your horror need at http://body-count.net
Sept. 13th- The Conjuring 2
Sept. 20th – It, Cat’s Eye, Salem’s Lot.
Sept. 27th – An American Werewolf in London, Chopping Mall, Blood Diner, Slugs, Lady in White, Haunted Honeymoon
Oct. 4th -The Purge 3
Oct. 11th– The Thing, Carrie
Oct. 18th– Waxwork 1 & 2, Childsplay
Oct. 25th-Exorcist 3
Me as Afro Demon
Now lets talk about what’s fun to watch in October.
Here is my top 31 list: https://eddieraysmoviereviews.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/my-top-25-horror-films-i-enjoy-watching-during-halloween/
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
6. The Return of the Living Dead– The best zombie movie ever made, and some of my favorite dialogue in film period. Amazing soundtrack too.
7. Hellraiser– Humans are the bad guys in this amazing horror love story. Watch it for the love or the gore.
8. The Conjuring– This haunted house movie is spooky as fuck. Check it out on a dark Halloween night.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master– My favorite of the Freddy/ Nightmare films. The teens are BLEEPIN incredible in this film, and you will wish you could hang with Freddy when it’s over.
10. The Descent– This film made me jump twice. I don’t ever jump in movies. The plot is simple and brilliant and gave me a panic attack. Watch this film with all the lights off.
Me as The Ghost of ZEN TUO
Here’s a list of kids Halloween movies:
1. The Halloween Tree – Learn about the season of Halloween in this kids adventure written by Ray Bradbury.
2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– Ummm its Charlie Brown.
3. The Fat Albert Halloween Special– I LOVE FAT ALBERT!
4. ParaNorman– A fun and relevant movie about being different, zombies, ghosts, and witches. It’s incredible.
5.. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad– This film feels like Halloween.
6. Monster House– Kid creepy and fun.
7. Mad Monster Party?– Party with monsters that have the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.
How about some spooky scores to scare the neighbors with or to chill with:
1. “The Fog” music by John Carpenter– This music will scare any trick or treater.
2. “Poltergeist” music by Jerry Goldsmith– Carol Anne’s theme is the ultimate spooky jam. One of Jerry’s best scores.
3. “Amityville Horror” music by Lalo Schifrin– Horror music based on a true story. Count me in.
4. “Halloween” music by John Carpenter– You can never go wrong with Carpenter cuts.
5. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” music by Charles Bernstein– When I was kid this score was playing in a line at Six Flags and scared the hell out of me. Shut up it was dark!
6. “It Follows” music by Rich Vreeland– This is electronic gold, and it’s an amazing throw back to Carpenter and Bernstein.
7. “The Conjuring” music by Joseph Bishara– This shit is scary as fuck.
Domo Arigato 70’s Roboto!