Me as It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Bitch!
My name is Eddie Ray and I’m in love with Halloween. So I’m happy to live in a HALLOWEEN TOWN like ATLANTA, GEORGIA. People call me the “King of Halloween” and “The hardest working man on Halloween”, but really I’m just a Halloween kid, and while some of you just “like” the season of Halloween I literally believe in it. I work for its success and break my ass to see that it’s a hit in Atlanta each year. I start celebrating September 1st and then it ends for me November 1st. True Halloween Kids always start Halloween on Sept. 1st. Two whole months! Okay I just want to say that Halloween is about the spirit of the season and the fun of it all. To dress up, dance, sing and be scared for a couple of months. It’s all inclusive and for everyone. Black, white, male, female, old, young, gay, trans, or straight. Halloween is a happy time and should be shared by all. Nobody owns it, and nobody should. Ok that being said here are some fun things to do, some fun movies to watch, and some fun things to listen to on a spooky ass Halloween night in Atlanta. This page will be updated as new events come up or change.
Me as a gangster on left.
HERE IS SOME PROOF THAT I LOVE HALLOWEEN BITCH!
Me interviewed in Atlanta Retro: Click here for link!
Scout Mob ghost hunt with me: Click here for link!
Scout Mob Quija Board with me: Click here for link!
Bumps of me in my Halloween costumes over the years on Adult Swim:
I was interviewed about Halloween:
You can see more Halloween videos that I film on here: Click here for videos!
Lets talk about Haunted Attractions/ Haunted Houses first:
I used to work in a haunted house called “Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse” for 5 years, but the place it was at is now closed, so now it’s nowhere. Haha Here is a look but you missed it bitch!
Also we made a film about it:
1. 13 Stories Haunted House- (Click here for link!): This haunted attraction has been open since 1984 in Newnan, GA. It is one my favorite haunted attractions to visit. I’m glad to say over the years I have become friends with a lot of them. This year Horror Hill and 13 Stories Haunted House have combined and moved into a new 54,000 square foot location in Newnan, GA! So get ready for an all new show. Watch me and my friends here to see. We went to the new location this year and you are blindfolded and licked and felt up! I was so happy. This year they have a trap house.
Here is a video from my visit there.
2. Camp Blood – (Click here for link!): I love the Friday the 13th films, creepy woods,and blood. So if you love those things as much as me then this is the haunted trail for you. You even go in out of houses and cabins there. City folks beware of hillbillies and rednecks there!
3. Uncle Shucks Corn Maze – (Click here for link!): I go here to get lost in a gigantic spooky corn maze at night. It is huge and you can even buy a pumpkin here. Remember to take friends who will have fun with you here. Kid like personalities are a must, pretentious hipsters should probably stay home they will just irritate you.
4. Nightmare Gate Haunted House – (Click here for link!) I have been and it is a lot of fun. They even make you crawl. Panic Attack! So fun! Nightmare’s Gate Hospital is the medical epicenter of an infectious disease that has No Cure, No Hope, and No Mercy! Something is spreading and the Doctors and Nurses are falling victim to it’s horrific effects. Patients are overpowering Orderlies, and Priests are turned from the path of compassion to outright ridicule. Dr McGavock from the CDC is battling both the infection and the infected with the best of modern medicine and the most barbaric of treatments ever devised by man. Don’t let them touch you as you navigate the twist and turns of Nightmare’s Gate! Will you be a survivor… Or a statistic?
5. Fear The Woods- (Click here for link!) This haunt consist of three different features: The Haunted House, a place where all your psychological fears are revealed; the Haunted Trail, where you have to find your way back after being dropped off in the middle of the woods and corn with the skinner family; and Pandemic, our NEW 8,000 square foot interactive, competitive, combat field where your skills determine your fate. We have been to this one and Love it! Here is Me and Max talking about it and some footage too.
6. Paranoia Haunted House – (Click here for link!) Looking for a fun place to do your haunted “housing” this year? Paranoia Haunt is located close to Atlanta, GA and is a must experience this year. People of all walks of life love getting the life scared out of them. There are two different haunted houses here, Blood Factory and Infectious.
7. Talmadge Brothers Funeral Home Haunt– (Link Here) In Jasper GA.
9. Scream on the Trail – (Click here for link!)- Scream on the Trail is an outdoor trail that is full of startles and hardcore scares, Scream on the Trail full terror is not recommended for the easily scared…. Have kids or easily scared? Make sure to ask the gatekeeper for the kiddie scare version! This one was creepy cuz it was somebodies house and yard I thought they were going to really kill us.
10. Bloodwood Trail– (Click here for link!)- 196 Painter Rd. Rome Ga, 30165.
11. Containment Haunted House– (Click here for link!) 1320 Blair’s Bridge Rd., Lithia Springs, GA 30122
12. Folklore Haunted House– (Click here for link!)- 5389 N Main St, Acworth, Georgia.
13. Escape the Woods– (Click here for link!)- You and your team will have 1 hour to escape an abandoned cabin buried deep in the woods before the time runs out. This is not just any cabin… the owner of the cabin has been studying serial killers his whole miserable life and he wants to make you his first victims. To escape before he gets home you will need to explore his cabin, solve clues, and decipher his locks. This game is designed for adults only and is not for the faint of heart. Warning this will not be for the faint of heart.
14. Zombie Farms– (Click here for link!)- Zombie Farms is a 1/2 mile walk through dark and spooky woods filled with zombies and other characters who will scare you, entertain you, and sometimes even make you laugh. This year they are offering a “Behind the Masque” tour for those who want that little something extra! For an extra fee, a personal tour guide takes you through the back side of the event, so you can watch some scares and even participate in one! You can ask questions about how it all works and get to see Actor Camp where actors get ready for each performance and take breaks.
15. Dread Hollow in Lookout Valley– (Click here for link!) – The nightmare knows no boundaries for the 14th year as Ruby Falls joins Fear Connection for the annual Haunted Cavern, this year at Dread Hollow – a brand new location bringing 20,000 feet of intense scare factors, less wait times, new characters, sliders and two separate haunts! Haunted Cavern is one of the area’s best haunted attractions listed #4 on Buzzfeed’s national haunt list and a 2016 top haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association.
16. Sinister Suites– (Click here for link!)- Built in 1910 in Downtown Griffin GA, the Sinister Suites Hotel of Horror is a gruesome dark production. A terrifying 5 story 60,000 square foot walk through of the most unfathomable horrors. It’s an experience we DO NOT recommend, especially for those with a faint constitution. This is a mind altering and traumatic event.
17. Terror Mills– (Click here for link!)
18. Netherworld – (Click here for link! ) It has a new location this year. 2076 West Park Place Blvd. – Stone Mountain, GA 30087.
Now lets talk about fun activities and events:
1. Anime Weekend Atlanta -(Sept. 20th – Sept. 23rd) – (Click here for link!)- is a four-day Japanese Animation and comics convention held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. Go get your costumes there!
3. Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival– (Sept. 22nd – Oct 28th- Friday through Sunday only) – Click here for link!) “ONLY OPEN WEEKENDS. Make family memories this fall season at Stone Mountain Park’s 11th annual Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy fun-filled games and family shows such as “Pumpkinpalooza,” scavenger hunts and the Pumpkin Mash at the Mayor’s Rockin Costume Party.”
5. Walker Stalker Con– Oct. 26th- Oct. 28th (Click here for link!) ZOMBIE, HORROR & SCI-FI FAN CONVENTION.
6. Capturing The Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour– (Link Here)(Oct. 18th- 28th). Take a look at a video.
7. Little 5 Points Halloween Parade – (Sat. Oct. 20th)- (www.l5phalloween.com)- I have been in the Halloween parade for about 5 years now and it’s so much fun to dress up and walk down the streets of Little 5 Points in a creepy costume. Not to be missed, and if you can be in it then get in it! Watch here:
8. Fernbank Fright Night (Oct. 26th)- (Click for info) In the mood for a frighteningly-fun night? Join us for a screaming good time at Fernbank’s annual adults-only Halloween party! Enjoy a costume contest, dancing, twilight tours of the new outdoor experience Woodland Spirits, access to the special exhibit Nature’s Superheroes: Life at the Limits and more. Craft beer, cocktails and small plates will be available for purchase.
9. Marys Hallo-Weenie Party- (Friday Oct. 26th)- (marysatlanta.com) For a good time on Halloween call “Marys” it’s a cool place to go. They make Halloween a big deal and have the most outlandish costumes at any club or bar I have ever seen. I always take my ass by there in October.
10. Monsterama – (Oct. 5th-7th) (http://monsteramacon.com)-is an Atlanta convention that celebrates the fantastic in film, literature, and art.
11. Six Flags Horror Nights– (Sept. 22nd – Oct. 31st) – Go ride some rides while getting attacked by monsters!!!! Click here for link!
12. Midtown Halloween- (Oct. 26th 7:00pm) – (Click here for link!) Dress up for a night of fantasy and mischief on at the Midtown Halloween block party. Atlanta’s Largest Halloween Party with 2000+ over the last 5 years takes over all of Midtown until 3am! Make sure you get your picture taken for the $1000 Costume Contest at the photo booth.
13. Halloween Night in the Highlands– (Oct. 27th 6:00pm)- (Link Here) Halloween night when freaks, ghouls, zombies and goblins wear very little and scare you at parties.
Prepare yourself for a crazy Halloween in the Virginia Highlands!
14. Horror Movie Screenings:
Plaza Theater: TBD
Times here: Click here for shows and times
9/28- Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Motel Hell
10/5- Phantasm and Re-Animator and Bubba Ho-Tep
10/10- Carrie Ticket info
10/12- Halloween H20 and The Hills Have Eyes
10/18- Carnival of Souls
Halloween- 1978 (Wed. Oct 10th 7pm) Here is a link to buy tickets and find out where in your town. Click here for info
Atlantic Station/Regal Cinemas:
Night of the Living Dead: Oct 24th and 25th- 7pm and 10pm
REGAL HOLLWOOD 24:
Night of the Living Dead: Oct 24th and 25th- 7pm and 10pm
15. Goth Night at Marys– (Thursday Oct. 25th) – It’s time to be grimly fiendish. Bring on the dancing headless horses, dress to depress, and join us in ringing in our favorite time of the year.
16. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Plaza Theatre) (TBD) (Link Here)
17. Women in Horror Film Fest– (Oct. 4th-7th) (http://www.wihff.com) A unique festival, dedicated to showcasing independent female writers and filmmakers who have dedicated their craft to this genre. The fest will be held at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference Center in Peachtree City, GA, nestled between legendary Pinewood Studios Atlanta and Raleigh Studios (home of AMC’s The Walking Dead).
18. A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper -(Oct. 10th) Concert!
19. Shalloween W/ Sasha Velour -(Oct. 26th) Click here for link! WUSSY returns for the 4th annual SHALLOWEEN Dance Party featuring SASHA VELOUR winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9! Come bump uglies with Atlanta’s undead weirdos! We wanna see your freakiest Drag, Spooky Sadboys, Trash Queens + Swamp Kings, and Velour inspired couture.
20. Grant Park Halloween Lantern Parade– Oct. 26th 6pm – 10pm Click here for info
21. Evil Dead The Musical– (Oct. 5th-20th) – Evil Dead the Musical returns to Out of Box Theatre after a sell-out run for the last two years! Sam Raimi’s cult classic is an “All Guts, All Glory” musical interpretation of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness features songs like “All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Kandarian Demons,” “Ode to an Accidental Stabbing,” and “Do the Necronomicon.” This musical is not for the faint of heart, but is sure to leave your screaming with laughter.
22. Movie in the Woods – (Oct. 20th 6pm-11pm). Hocus Pocus.
23. The Craft- Wed. Oct. 31st 7pm (Click for info)
24. Slaughter Que: The Masquerade (Oct 6th 12pm-10pm)
Where to get makeup and costumes!
1. Norcostco Atlanta Costume – (Click here for link!)
2. Costumes Etc. – (Click here for link!)
3. Eddie’s Trick Shop- (Click here for link!)
4. Sprit Halloween- (Click here for link!)
Here is me and Max at Spirit!
5. Halloween Headquarters- (Click here for link!)
6. Halloween Express- (Click here for link!)
7. Halloween City – (Click here for Link!)
What’s coming soon to a theater near you!
Sept. 7th- The Nun
Sept. 14th- The Predator
Sept. 21st- The House With a Clock in its Walls
Sept. 28th- Hell Fest
Oct.12th – Goosebumps 2
Oct.19th – Halloween
What’s coming soon to a TV!
Here is a list of Classic movies on TCM! Commercial free TOO! Click here for the info!
Sept. 4th- The Purge: USA Network
Oct. 12th – The Haunting of Hill House.
Oct. 14th- AMC at Midnight
Oct. 1st- on Free Form: 31 Nights of Halloween.
Sept. 12th- AHS Apocalypse: FX
Oct. 26th – The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Netflix
Oct. 1st- 31st- Syfy Channel: 31 days of Halloween
What’s coming out on Blu Ray.
Sept. 4th- Ghost Stories
Sept. 11th – Christine 4K, The Seventh Sign
Sept. 18th- Phantasm 3 and 4
Sept. 25th- American Psycho 4K, Exorcist 2
Oct. 2nd-The First Purge, Annabelle Creation
Oct. 9th- Halloween 2 and 3, Trick r Treat
Oct. 23rd– Creepshow, Night of the Demons
Now lets talk about what’s fun to watch in October.
Here is my top 31 list: Click here for list!
1. Halloween (1978) – The best horror film of all time because John Carpenter is gold. I thanked him once for the joy he brought to my life.
2. The Fog (1980)– A John Carpenter classic, everything about this film is brilliant to me even the score. Scary, moody, spooky and tense.
3. Trick ‘r Treat– This film is incredible and should be a staple film to watch on Halloween. You will learn a lot about the Halloween season in this film. Do yourself a favor buy this film today. Do not rent it, buy it!
4. Halloween II (1981) – A sequel that made me scared BLEEPless of hospitals and was just as fun to watch as the first.
5. The House of the Devil– This throw back to the 80′s is gold and it’s quiet, moody, scary and satanic. Watch it and you will be spooked. The Director Ti West knows what he is doing.
6. The Return of the Living Dead– The best zombie movie ever made, and some of my favorite dialogue in film period. Amazing soundtrack too.
7. Hellraiser– Humans are the bad guys in this amazing horror love story. Watch it for the love or the gore.
8. The Conjuring– This haunted house movie is spooky as fuck. Check it out on a dark Halloween night.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master– My favorite of the Freddy/ Nightmare films. The teens are BLEEPIN incredible in this film, and you will wish you could hang with Freddy when it’s over.
10. The Descent– This film made me jump twice. I don’t ever jump in movies. The plot is simple and brilliant and gave me a panic attack. Watch this film with all the lights off.
Here’s a list of kids Halloween movies:
1. The Halloween Tree – Learn about the season of Halloween in this kids adventure written by Ray Bradbury.
2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– Ummm its Charlie Brown.
3. The Fat Albert Halloween Special– I LOVE FAT ALBERT!
4. ParaNorman– A fun and relevant movie about being different, zombies, ghosts, and witches. It’s incredible.
5.. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad– This film feels like Halloween.
6. Monster House– Kid creepy and fun.
7. Mad Monster Party?– Party with monsters that have the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.
How about some spooky scores to scare the neighbors with or to chill with:
1. “The Fog” music by John Carpenter– This music will scare any trick or treater.
2. “Poltergeist” music by Jerry Goldsmith– Carol Anne’s theme is the ultimate spooky jam. One of Jerry’s best scores.
3. “Amityville Horror” music by Lalo Schifrin– Horror music based on a true story. Count me in.
4. “Halloween” music by John Carpenter– You can never go wrong with Carpenter cuts.
5. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” music by Charles Bernstein– When I was kid this score was playing in a line at Six Flags and scared the hell out of me. Shut up it was dark!
6. “It Follows” music by Rich Vreeland– This is electronic gold, and it’s an amazing throw back to Carpenter and Bernstein.
7. “The Conjuring” music by Joseph Bishara– This shit is scary as fuck.